• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Tuesday, November 2nd, 2021 9:16 AM

Closed

Answered

is brondan.com scam?

Yesterday I accessed www.brondan.com without a problem. Today Trend tells me this is a scam site? I can not verify as it is a new site. Did anyone order from brondan.com and did ger what they ordered?

Accepted Solution

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

764 Messages

• 

13.6K Points

3 years ago

Hi, remucon

Trend Micro categorized it as a Scam Page if there's an unsafe or dangerous activities inside the page. They pose as legitimate but intend to get your information or even hack your computer. For your protection, do not meddle with these sites.

You may also check if it is safe on our Global Site Safety page. As per checking, it is categorized as dangerous because the latest tests indicate that the URL contains malicious software or phishing.

Hope this helps.

- TM_Rochelle

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

@tm_rochelle Thanks for the info.

Just out of curiosity, does Trend scan the actual website to determine malicious code, or is the site added to a database maintained by TrendMicro?

The strange thing is that I was able to enter the site the day before and almost ordered something from it. But I had a question first, which got answered the day after, which co-inside with TrendMicro blocking the site. Would they have changed the website, knowing my interest in a product, or is that pure co-incidence?

Accepted Solution

Brand User

Superstar

• 

445 Messages

• 

8.6K Points

3 years ago

Hi remucon,

The Trend Micro software scans the website with our pattern to see if it's malicious or not, we also have a database for website we already detected as unsafe.

For the website www.brondan.com, we would look closely into it and give you an update once we have fully analyze the website. 

Hope this helps!

-TM_Angelo

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

33.4K Points

3 years ago

Hi remucon,

This site is 3 months online 10 articles, no reviews, so i should not start to buy there.

Kind regards,

Tom

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights