omegacron's profile

1 Message

• 

120 Points

Thursday, November 30th, 2017 1:30 AM

Closed

Internet Security windows showing transparent background and text links

I have Trend Micro Internet Security, currently at version 12.0.1191, and Windows 7 Home Edition. A while back Trend Micro began prompting me to restart after installing an update. Afterwards, my main console and report windows now look like a web page that isn't loading the style-sheet correctly.

All application windows have a transparent background, very basic formatting, hyperlinks for most options, and basic form buttons for 'Close', etc. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Internet Security, but then at some point it started again - presumably after downloading the same update.

Has anyone ran into this problem and/or has a fix for it?
Brand User

Prodigy

• 

166 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

7 years ago

Hi Omegacron and welcome to the community!

It seems likely that during the restart of your installation some components got corrupted. I believe it would be best to do a clean re-installation a.k.a getting rid of every remnant of Trend Micro then reinstall the program.

Here is how to do it:

First, run this guide on how to uninstall:

Uninstalling Trend Micro Security and older programs for Windows using the Diagnostic Toolkit

Second, go ahead and reinstall with this one (you can skip the 3rd part since it refers to uninstalling the old program):

Reinstalling the latest version of Trend Micro Security program

Please let us know what happens after doing the steps above!

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights