• 

13 Messages

• 

700 Points

Thursday, October 19th, 2023 12:55 PM

Closed

Intel vPro Technology Issue - Need Assistance

Hello Trend Micro Community,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm encountering an issue related to Intel vPro technology on my system, and I was wondering if anyone here could offer some guidance or solutions. Here's the problem I'm facing:

Issue Description:

I have a computer with an Intel vPro processor, and I'm having trouble getting it to work seamlessly with my Trend Micro security software. It seems that there might be some compatibility issues or configurations that need to be adjusted. I'm experiencing slower performance, and sometimes, I'm unable to perform certain security scans or updates.

System Details:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Trend Micro Security Software Version: Trend Micro Internet Security 2023
Intel vPro Processor: Intel Core i7-10th Gen
Other Relevant System Specs: 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD
Steps Taken So Far:

I've updated my Trend Micro software to the latest version.
I've ensured that my Intel vPro technology is enabled in the BIOS settings.
I've checked for any conflicting software, but there doesn't seem to be any.
I've scoured the web for solutions but haven't had much luck, so I'm hoping that someone here might have experienced a similar issue or can offer some advice. If you have any suggestions on how to make Trend Micro and Intel vPro work together smoothly or if you need more information to diagnose the problem, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate any assistance or insights you can provide.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

160 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

9 months ago

Hi @stellagomez0102,

I'm sorry to hear that you were having performance issues with your machine. This is not the normal behavior of the Trend Micro Security program. 

We can try to disable the Trend Micro program temporarily to check if the performance of the machine will improve and to isolate if it's the one causing the issue. Here's How to temporarily disable protection on Windows.

Let me know how it goes. 

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights