• 

2 Messages

• 

150 Points

Wednesday, September 27th, 2023 9:00 AM

Closed

Intel Arc A770 Issue with TrendMicro Antivirus

Hey folks,

I'm in a bit of a bind here and need some advice. I recently installed the Intel Arc GPU, and it's been a great upgrade so far in terms of performance. However, I've run into a peculiar issue related to my TrendMicro antivirus software.

Whenever I run a scan or perform certain actions with TrendMicro, my computer's performance takes a significant hit. This slowdown is especially noticeable when gaming or running resource-intensive applications. The strange thing is that this issue only started occurring after I installed the Intel Arc GPU. Before that, TrendMicro worked just fine without causing any performance drops.

I'm at a loss here and wondering if anyone else has encountered a similar problem or might have some insights into how to resolve this issue. I rely on my antivirus software, but I also want to make the most of my new graphics card's capabilities.

Here's what I've tried so far:

1. Updated Drivers: I've made sure that my Intel Arc GPU graphics drivers are up to date, hoping it might resolve the issue, but no luck.

2. TrendMicro Updates: I've also updated my TrendMicro antivirus to the latest version, thinking that might help, but the problem persists.

3. Resource Allocation: I've checked to see if there are any resource allocation conflicts between the graphics card and antivirus, but I couldn't find any obvious issues.

If anyone has any suggestions or has encountered this specific problem before, I would greatly appreciate your input. I want to keep my system secure without sacrificing the performance I've gained with the new graphics card.

Regards,

Judye

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

33.4K Points

10 months ago

Hi @judyeesullivan 

I see another Lenovo spam message!

Kind regards,

Tom

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

10 months ago

Hi @judyeesullivan

Welcome to the Trend Micro Users Community!

There are possible reasons why you are encountering issues on your computer after installing the Intel Arc GPU; we cannot concretely say that it directly affects the performance of the software and programs on your computer, especially Trend Micro Antivirus.

I highly suggest we do proper isolation and investigation. Please follow the instructions provided below:

• Check if the computer's performance improves if you Temporarily Disable Trend Micro or does it still persist?
  • Monitor system resources through Task Manager on the computer, such as CPU, GPU, RAM, and disk usage, while running various applications, including TrendMicro scans. Please do so and take a screenshot of it for our reference.
  • Adjust Power Settings: Open your GPU control panel (e.g., Intel Graphics Command Center) and look for any power settings that may be limiting the performance of your GPU. You can set it to "High Performance" mode to ensure maximum GPU power during gaming or resource-intensive tasks.

I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

20 Points

10 months ago

@judyeesullivan 

Hi.

I currently run an Intel Arc A770 with Trend Micro Maximum Security and do not have any issues with the configuration.

Perhaps there are some issues with your Windows installation.

Have you tried a format and new install?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

Thank you for this information @foddersin.

Hi @judyeesullivan

Have you tried to reinstall your graphics driver? Also, do you have a comparison of Performance Usage via Task Manager with and without Trend Micro while running resource-intensive task?

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

33.4K Points

Hi Trend Micro,

I recognize SPAM in a second, why you don't?

So you get no reply from them!

Kind regards,

Tom

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

10 months ago

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention @tom_emmelot .

Hello, @judyeesullivan , please inform us if the suggested solutions above have addressed your issue.

Best regards,
Vince

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights