• 

44 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Friday, January 29th, 2021 6:20 PM

Closed

Answered

I can't open the program

My pc shut off on its own this morning after I 'woke' it. Trend will not start up now.

Accepted Solution

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

764 Messages

• 

13.6K Points

3 years ago

Hi, pris_il_humbrdr

Did it start happening after upgrading to the latest version? Please try to follow these steps below:

1. On your keyboard, please press the Windows icon and R key at the same time. 
2. Type supporttool and click OK. 
3. Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears. 
4. On the Diagnostic Toolkit window, click the (C) Uninstall tab, then click 5. Stop all components
5. Wait for a minute or two then, please click on 2. Delete Now and 3. Delete Now 
6. Wait for another minute, then try to open Trend Micro.

If it still persists, please try to reinstall your Trend Micro Program. You may try to follow the instruction on the link below.

How to reinstall your Trend Micro program

Let us know how it goes.

- TM_Rochelle

Hustler

• 

44 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

@rochellemae_bautista I believe I've been hacked because of other things I've seen while online including someone using my name on a live chat + a few odd things on Facebook also. Someone apparently started a business under my name in FB, I'm not sure of that, but my life is a mess now.

My credit card has been shut off because of a charge I found that didn't seem to belong to me but I now think it did. There's no clarity as to what one is purchasing with FB payments at all and I had called credit card co. about it. They removed the charge.

Anyway, I've no idea why my computer shut down this morning. I did NOT do that. It sometimes feels this is what happens even when I do shut it down and Windows Defender is also shut off so presently I have NO protection at all.

And yes, this started happening after upgrading.

Hustler

• 

44 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

It's OK for now. Thank you.

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

3 years ago

Hi, pris_il_humbrdr

Have you tried restarting the program? please follow the steps provided by Rochelle on how to restart its components via Diagnostic Toolkit. If the console is still not opening, reinstall the program

To secure yourself from hackers and online phishing, refrain from clicking suspicious links and make sure to safeguard your social media accounts with strong and unique passwords. For your Facebook account, it's recommended to enable the 2-factor authentication so you're sure that your account is secured.

You may utilize Trend Micro features that are available to check your social media privacy settings. The Trend Micro toolbar and Privacy Scanner is a great prevention against online attacks.

How to use Trend Micro Privacy Scanner for Windows

- TM_Reine

Brand User

Superstar

• 

445 Messages

• 

8.6K Points

3 years ago

You're welcome! Priscilla,

If you need further help, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

- TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

3 years ago

i have sama problem but re installing helps

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages