Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Wednesday, January 25th, 2023 6:47 PM

Closed

Resolved

How to turn off website blocked notifications using parental controls?

Hi,

I have a Trend Micro Maximum Security subscription. I just activated the Family/parental controls function to try protect my kids from inappropriate content. However, they get a pop up every 5 seconds like the one I included just with different details. Just from landing on the google search page it comes up, then when you try type, go to a new page. How can i switch it off? My kids cant use the pc like this. Any ideas. Thanks.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

7 Messages

• 

300 Points

1 year ago

Hi @sergiodesousa1,

Thank you for sharing this in our community.

It seems to be that you have enabled a filter on Parental Control to block websites that are under the category of Web Advertisement, when your kids visit a page that has a page that can be classified as Web Advertisement this popout message will appear. 

You may narrow down the setup of your Parental Control web filter for Web Advertisement if you are visiting a page with built in advertisement on their pages. Here is a guide on How to setup Trend Micro Parental Control on Windows.

You may also want to use the Trend Micro toolbar on your browsers which has an additional Ad block feature. Here our links that may help you on installing the toolbar.

- How to add Trend Micro Toolbar for Google Chrome on Windows

- How to add Trend Micro Toolbar for Microsoft Edge on Windows

- TM Pau

(edited)

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights