Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Tuesday, August 24th, 2021 3:27 PM

Closed

Answered

How to stop website from trying to access my computer.

Trend software blocking "new229.com" from accessing my computer. Says it is a Malware Accomplice. I get the notification on my monitor and when I ok it, it pops right back up. Glad it's being blocked. But: Who is this? What can I do about it?

Brand User

Superstar

• 

445 Messages

• 

8.6K Points

3 years ago

Hi palmer1979,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

The possible reason it keeps getting detected is because of remnant data still on the computer. Please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and check if the website would still be detected.

You may refer to this link below:

How to clear web browser cache

Please try to check the extensions installed on your browser as well. If you are not familiar with it, it's best to remove them.

If it is the same, kindly check if you have any unwanted applications. This website blocked can also be caused by a program installed on your computer.

To check the programs installed on your computer. Please follow these steps below:

1. On your keyboard, press the Windows Windows Key + R keys.
  2. In the Open field, type "appwiz.cpl", then press ENTER. The Programs and Features window will open.

For more information, you may refer to this link below:

How to remove Potentially Unwanted Applications

Hope this helps!

-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

80 Points

Everytime I open my Microsoft Edge browser it would close right away then pop up again with the message "Browser closed unexpectedly" and then have the RESTORE button. I never clicked restore. Then I would get the Trend Micro pop Up about the New229.com being harmful. After using the "appwiz.cpl" I noticed and app entitle "browser assistant" from Realistic Media. I looked it up online and found it to be a virus that hijacks your browser as I was having the same issue with the New229.com Diseased Vector, Spam or Malware message related to this thread. I unistalled per the instructions above. I have rebooted my pc over 7 times now and opened the browser each time after reboot without receiving any further notifications. I hope this helps you all.

(edited)

Brand User

Legend

• 

682 Messages

• 

10.1K Points

Thank you for sharing your solution in this thread, dblock_5cd5b7. Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post your concern on this channel.

- TM_Kim

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

3 years ago

I have the same problem with this "new229.com" warning coming up on every single page I visit. None of your proposed solutions is working. 

Is anyone there looking into this?

Brand User

Superstar

• 

579 Messages

• 

9.4K Points

Hi, mkboltonez!

I apologize for the inconvenience. It's possible that an adware might be installed on your browser or have changed the settings of your browser. Please try to reset the settings of your browser to default and monitor if the issue still persists.

You may refer to these steps below:

Chrome:

1. Open Chrome
  2. At the top right, click the 3 dots, then Settings
  3. At the bottom, click Advanced
  4. Under "Reset and cleanup,” click "Restore settings to their original defaults" and then Reset Settings.

Edge:

1. Open Edge
  2. At the top right, click the 3 dots, then Settings
  3. On the left panel, click Reset settings
  4. Click "Restore settings to their default values", then "Reset"

Hope this helps.

- TM_Cathy

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

Nope.  I thought it went away when i got rid of add blocker - but it's back.

Comes up with every page load (including yours). 

I ask again: Is anyone there looking into this? What is "new229" anyway? 

Brand User

Superstar

• 

579 Messages

• 

9.4K Points

Thank you for updating us, mkboltonez.

Is it the same after resetting your browser to default? Please try to reinstall your browser as well.

We're already looking into this. We will update you as soon as we have more information.

- TM_Cathy

Neophyte

• 

13 Messages

• 

574 Points

hi @mkboltonez ,

after following cathy's recommendation and issue persists can we try and change the notification settings on your browser, here's a KB for the steps: https://helpcenter.trendmicro.com/en-us/article/tmka-10274

if issues persists, it will be better to contact our support team via phone, or chat for additional troubleshooting: https://helpcenter.trendmicro.com/en-us/contact-support/

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights