Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

150 Points

Saturday, December 9th, 2023 3:50 PM

Closed

how do you shut payguard the fuck off?

All of the sudden a software product I pay to watch for virus infections has decided to fucking drive me nuts with something called a Payguard window pop up.  Don't know what antivirus software would be doing this?

Let me know how it shuts the fuck off and let me know how the heck it got turned on????  I suspect somehow this is a trendmicro fucktion that turned on by trendmicro?  If so fire everyone in your marketing department and start over with some 5th graders that know better!

Thanks

Hotshot

• 

21 Messages

• 

630 Points

8 months ago

I feel your pain I really do. I hope this helps.

Right click, Open Main Console on the Micro Trend icon.
Click Privacy
Click Configure next to Pay Guard
Uncheck that pesky little box that says 'Ask every time before opening banking or shopping websites in Pay Guard"

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

150 Points

@rtwillcock​ thank you so much.  Why would a security compa y turn the software into Malware?  Lol

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

83 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Hi @bbally1754 ,

We understand the frustrations that you felt because of the pop up from Payguard.

The reason why it was popping up whenever you visit any online shopping or financial website is because it was setup as open automatically from the Payguard Configure page.

Thank you @rtwillcock for providing your knowledge in our community on how to configure Payguard.

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

150 Points

The real question is why did payguard all the sudden wake up?   I believe this thing was set up to do a malware harrassment by TrendMicro?   Because I did not tell it to do anything it just started doing it?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

Hi @bbally1754 ,

Trend Micro wants to ensure that your data when visiting banking or shopping sites are always protected through Pay Guard. 

You may refer to the link below for more information regarding Trend Micro Pay Guard:
Secure Online Purchases with Trend Micro Pay Guard | Trend Micro Help Center

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

120 Points

Today this really made me upset.   I clicked on a product in Microsoft Edge and it brought up another browser, probably in pay guard mode.   Okay I get that but what really torqued me off and got me in a loop is when I tried to read the description of this product then it opened a new tab in this same browser and each click opened another page in the same browser, and it just kept opening new tabs even though it was in the web page opened by pay guard really making the browsing experience SUCK.  That is really annoyingly stupid.  Changed setting to prompt me with it wants to do to see if this is any better.   I understand making things secure but make it flow smoothly to the end user.  I wound up with around 25 tabs open before figuring out what was going on. 

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights