Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

Thursday, September 24th, 2020 2:48 PM

Closed

How Do I TURN OFF Mute Mode? I did not ask for it to be on and did not even know it existed.

How do I turn off Mute Mode that suddenly appeared and will not turn off? I looked in Trend Micro's Settings and nothing there lets me turn it off. I tried Settings reached through the Change Settings link next to your description of Mute Mode and nothing there lets me turn it off. It has prevented me from turning my sound off and on using my computer's F Keys and volume/mute icon in my Windows 10 start bar. I wanted to listen to something on my computer and cannot because of this lack of ability to turn Mute Mode off.

In the future, do not send me software that defaults to Mute Mode and do not turn it on for me. I did not even know Mute Mode existed, so I know I didn't use Trend Micro to turn it on. I don't want it.

Brand User

Superstar

• 

650 Messages

• 

8.5K Points

4 years ago

Hi lacenter

Mute Mode is a feature that allows you to temporarily stop non-critical notifications while you are doing an important task or if your device is in full-screen mode. 

To troubleshoot this, would it be okay for you to upgrade your Trend Micro Security to the latest version then check if the same concern will persist? 

How to upgrade Trend Micro Security for Windows to the latest version

Hope this helps

TM_Ann

1 Message

• 

64 Points

The author asked how to shut off the mute function. If she already has that as even an option on her current version, why would she need to purchase another? I have the exact same problem. Although I'm sure this feature is helpful to few, i don't forsee needing it ever. There have been a few times i have found my protection paused, and if it weren't for my OS, i likely wouldn't have known it. How about some answers? How can we disable this, or make it more difficult to activate?

Brand User

Superstar

• 

579 Messages

• 

9.4K Points

Hi, radowd2934!

To turn off mute mode, you may follow these steps below:

1. Open the main console:
    • Double-click the Trend MicroLogo_Trend_Micro_Security icon on your desktop.
    • Double-click the Trend MicroLogo_Trend_Micro_Security icon on your system tray.
  2. Click Device.

Device_Main_Console_Trend_Micro_Security

3. Beside Mute Mode, click on Configure.

Device_Menu_Trend_Micro_Security

4. After reading the introduction page, click OK.

Mute_Mode_Introduction_Trend_Micro_Security

5. Toggle the switch to turn it off.

6. Click OK.

Let us know if you have further questions.

- TM_Cathy

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

4 years ago

This happened to me as well AFTER an update from TMicro. I have been running "FULL" and "QUICK" routinely and then right after updates (both MS and TM) suddenly this pops up when attempting to do a scan. Last update 9/23... then this problem came up on its own.

I have it muted by default (Cortona for example) - so, why suddenly is it an issue? Fix your update please - we should be allowed to be in MUTE mode and still scan regardless. The fact that i cannot run a scan (quick or full) simply because it is in MUTE mode is redonculous.

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

BTW - the comment about "full screen" is rather strange as well - be specific.

Both my Personal Latitude and my work Latitude run TMicro with three monitors attached and several applications that run. Who is not running at least one "full-screen" and i'm sure hundreds of power users, admins, etc... run their devices in Mute.

This last update better not have broken my other devices under this same license - especially my phone. I look forward to a fix of this on your next update.

Brand User

Superstar

• 

445 Messages

• 

8.6K Points

Hi epaxeon,

We recently released a new version of the Trend Micro Security, would it be okay for you to upgrade the Trend Micro version on your device and check if the issue still occurs after the update.

For detailed steps on how to install the upgrade you may refer to this guide:

Hope this helps

-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

4 years ago

I have followed the instructions to turn off the Mute mode. I will not turn off. It turns itself back on. I cannot update anything from TrendMicro while the Mute mode is on. Help!

Brand User

Superstar

• 

445 Messages

• 

8.6K Points

Hi renmar1564,

It seems that your software is not yet updated, kindly upgrade the Trend Micro version on your device and check if the issue still occurs after the update.

For detailed steps on how to install the upgrade you may refer to this guide:

Hope this helps

-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

80 Points

2 years ago

I agree absolutely.  I, also, did not know the Mute Mode had been turned on by default.  It's really annoying, because I cannot turn it off.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

758 Messages

• 

13.5K Points

We understand that you don't want the Mute Mode is enabled by default, ahun038. We will have to take a look on this on our part as well. We shall pass this on and see how this can be possible in the future.

In case you need more help, please feel free to reach out to us again.

- TM_Rochelle

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights