Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Saturday, December 2nd, 2023 5:30 PM

Closed

How do I permanently turn off Trend "advertising" pop-ups?

It seems like Trend is constantly interrupting me with their own ads.  Reminders to "protect another device" or other similar messages.  I want to turn this off PERMANTENTLY, not just temporarily, because it's driving me nuts.  I can't believe my anti-virus software is now spamming me with pop-ups!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

8 months ago

Hi @kingelin1,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

The pop up "Protect Another Device" shows just for a reminder that you still have a remaining seat/s on your subscription.

You can tick the "Do not show this again" option on the pop ups if you want to turn them off.

Hope this helps!

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

@tm_karl​ No you cant, you tick it and it comes back the next day. Learn your own software, or better yet - Fix it so its not so god dmn invasive.

Mute mode only lasts 24 hrs im finding myself muting every day so you dont minimise my game to tell me that you are on my computer, either a double tick popup showing im protectected or you want me to buy more subscription even when i use the 3 seats in my sub, you will still minimise my games mid-action sometimes for a stupid fkn useless popup in the bottom right there ONLY to proffit of existing members and badger them to the point of uninstalling.

Still got 4-5 months left but im over it, free anti virus software isnt as stupid or invasive as this garbage.

IOS version doesnt even do anything, just runs a scan on your own files, can't touch apple yet you advertise it as the same price & same product when its COMPLETLY different.

But honersly. fk your popups, contradictive, counter productuctive and shows your CEO its pennypincher.

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

100 Points

8 months ago

So your game is that important, in your life? 

I don't even feel sorry for you, you candyass crybaby.

My grandchildren, heck even my dog comes in to interrupt my gaming,,,that is ok because they are shown they are more important then the computer, xbox, even the phone. GET A LIFE>>

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Wow!  That’s a lot of anger. You may not like his post, but why so vile?  You didn’t offer any solutions, so does that mean you’re just trolling and looking for people to verbally abuse? You tried to make yourself seem like a better person than the gamer, but failed spectacularly.  

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

Hi @kingelin1 ,

Have you already tried doing this?

The message aims to notify you that your license can be utilized on other platforms. 

You may tick the checkbox for the option - Do not show this again, on the lower left corner of the window.

Hi@trendpopupmalware,

Let's maintain this Trend Micro community as a platform for collaboration and the exchange of ideas. Kindly refrain from using offensive language and adhere to the community guidelines. We are here to help you so please be respectful as possible.

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

200 Points

8 months ago

Every single update there are a bunch of pointless pop ups that forget I have already said "do not show this again" that re-appear. Trend really need to get on top of the notifications, it's really frustrating as a user.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

Hi @dan45aa72​, 

If you already clicked on "Do not show this again" and still got pop-ups from the Trend Micro program, you may follow the instructions on the Trend Micro pop-up that appear after clicking Do not show this again and see if the situation improves.

I hope this helps!

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights