ashadventure442's profile

3 Messages

• 

160 Points

Monday, November 6th, 2017 12:30 PM

Closed

how do I get rid of Chrome.exe virus, my maximum blocks it but does not come up when a full scan is carried out.

I have windows 10 on my Samsung laptop, Trend updated itself last week and since then it picks up Chrome.exe trying to access private data, a full scan did not pick up any viruses, please help.

thanks
Brand User

Prodigy

• 

262 Messages

• 

5K Points

7 years ago

Hi ash.adventure442,

I would like to know the exact message you have encountered for this concern about your private data is trying to be accessed by Chrome.exe?

Just to inform, Chrome.exe would be the process name of the web browser Google Chrome. If it is not corrupted or mimicked by a malware, then it is safe to use.

Can we also know the web page that you are trying to open when this happen?

Also, this article might help as it seems that your description is a little similar.

“Transfer of Protected Data Blocked” error message appears when visiting web pages

We hope to hear from you soon. Have a great day!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

3 Messages

• 

160 Points

Hi TM

please see below, 

this seems to happen on most pages I visit.

thanks in advance.

Ash
Brand User

Prodigy

• 

262 Messages

• 

5K Points

Hi ash.adventure442,

Thank you for sending the screenshot.

This matches the link regarding - “Transfer of Protected Data Blocked” error message appears when visiting web pages

This is normal due to the added protection of your Trend Micro program in which "HTTPS" websites are also being covered by your Trend Micro protection.

If you will be performing online purchases, you may click on the button at the lower portion for "Temporarily disable this protection". This will disable the Data Theft Protection feature for only 30 minutes. This happens as the page your visiting probably has your credit card information entered on it.

If in case you wish to disable that feature until you enable it again, you may then follow this procedure.

1. Open your Trend Micro program main console. Then click on Privacy tab.
2. Under Privacy tab, click on Configure button for the Data Theft Prevention.
3. Click on the slider on the left to disable the protection and choose to finalize the settings.

We hope this helps regarding your concern.

Thank you and have a great week!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

2 Messages

• 

122 Points

Hello
Yes. I have the same problem. Mine is when I try to access my business internet banking. I haven't had any trouble of this kind until Trend Micro updated. I get the same message pop up and then get locked out of my internet banking all together after login . A white screen with "forbidden" appears and nothing will function.  I have been too afraid to disable the protection being that is do with our business banking specifically. Is it really safe as you say to "disable" the protection ???? 

3 Messages

• 

160 Points

7 years ago

This cannot be right, chrome should NOT be asking for my card details, even if I visit BBC website, now today Trend encounters a problem and says it needs to restart, I have restarted three times now and the problem still exist.

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

33.4K Points

7 years ago

Hi Ash,

I think you better reinstall TM.
Here's a reference doc for the steps: 
Reinstalling the latest version of Trend Micro Security program
Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
Tom

24 Messages

• 

432 Points

7 years ago

You can turn off / reconfigure Data Theft Protection. It's under Privacy.
Brand User

Legend

• 

703 Messages

• 

11.4K Points

6 years ago

We'll close this thread now. Please create new topic here: https://en.community.trendmicro.com/tm_en/topics/new

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights