Superstar

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

Monday, November 27th, 2023 10:38 PM

Closed

How can a "clear" Security Report in Antivirus+? What file/folder or registry do I have to delete?

How can a "clear"  Security Report in Antivirus+?  What file/folder or registry do I have to delete?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

128 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

8 months ago

Hi @claudiubotezatu ,

The Security Report will automatically be removed every year on the installation day because keeping these reports for a year helps understand solve problems, comply with rules, and guard against future troubles. This report provides insights into threats found on your computer, results from the last PC Health Checkup, and websites blocked by Parental Controls.

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

Hello tm_joyce,

"comply with rules"

Which rules????

Keeping the info in Security Report for 1 year creates confusion; if an user decided to "restore" an item from detection , the item is still marked as "removed"

After several months , nobody will remember what was removed and what was restored.

Many antiviruses will allow you to delete the items from detection (ESET, Kaspersky)

Even Defender allows you to adjust in Windows policies the duration of keeping the log.

Only TM makes a simple thing difficult.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

Hi @claudiubotezatu,

You can try these following steps:

1. Stop all Components. You can use the link below as a guide.
    Disable Trend Micro Antivirus on Windows
  2. Go to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\UniClient\plugins and delete EventLog in plugins folder.
  3. Start all "Components". 

Let me know if it works!

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@tm_vince​ 

Is working, thank you very much!

Would be useful also some guidance how to delete "Quarantine" folder.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

@claudiubotezatu,

There's no way to empty the quarantine folder since all quarantined files have already been deleted and removed from the local computer.

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@tm_chard​ 

"There's no way to empty the quarantine folder since all quarantined files have already been deleted and removed from the local computer."

OK, my bad.

How do I delete / remove files in Quarantine  FIRST, following by deleting the  EventLog (as described above)???

(edited)

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights