Trend Security Expert

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

Friday, February 2nd, 2024 6:01 AM

Closed

Hotfix Available for Programs becoming slow/unresponsive when Trend Micro Security is enabled.– Install Fix Now!

Trend Micro Community!

Problem Description: Programs become slow/unresponsive when Trend Micro Security is enabled.

Users are facing delays when opening applications, with a noticeable increase in the time it takes for them to start. This is affecting the usual speed and overall efficiency of the applications.

How Can You Fix It?

Run the hotfix below:

1. Download the Hotfix.
  2. Double-click on Ti_1780_win_en_ForceSN_hfb0001.
  3. Confirm by clicking Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
  4. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the hotfix installation.
  5. Restart your computer to apply the changes.

Need more help?

Drop your questions below, and your Trend Techie Buddy will be there to help you out!

Join the discussion!

Sign in or create an account.

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

60 Points

6 months ago

The link to double click goes no wheres ville.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

92 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

Hi @radiochair

You should click on the "Hotfix" first to download the Ti_1780_win_en_ForceSN_hfb0001 file.

From there, open or double click on it to start the hotfix. Make sure to confirm by clicking "Yes" on the User Account Control window that will appear.
Follow the rest of on-screen instructions so you can proceed with the hotfix installation. once it's done it should ask you to restart your device.

Let me know if it worked for you.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

240 Points

6 months ago

The application cannot be opened when double clicked.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

Hi @pbellomo,

Please visit the Downloads Folder right-click the file ​name Ti_1780_win_en_ForceSN_hfb0001 then left-click the option "Run" to proceed. 

Let me know if it worked for you.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

202 Points

6 months ago

Says not compatible with current security and doesn't install

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

Hi @garyrross,

Please double-check the version of your Trend Micro program. It should be 17.8 first before you run the hotfix. Thanks! 

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

202 Points

It is 17.7

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

51 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Hi @garyrross

It seems you haven't installed the most recent version. Kindly update to version 17.8 initially, and you can do this through the Trend Micro reinstallation process. then try again to apply the hotfix solution provided. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

Hi @garyrross​, 

We're glad to hear that the latest version worked for you! Regarding checking for updates, you are correct that they typically come automatically. However, it's a good idea to occasionally check for updates manually. I'd recommend checking for updates every few weeks or so, just to ensure that your Trend Micro software is running smoothly.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

230 Points

6 months ago

Paranoid question by someone who doesn't get to this level very often: Why would a HotFix come from Trend.org rather than TrendMicro.com?  Just a little suspicious, and happy to be wrong.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

Hi @brian_davidson,

The file is from trend.org because the powerbox where the file is downloadable came from our company's or organization's internal cloud system. Rest assured that all downloadable links we posted here are legitimate and safe for everyone's security as this is our only Trend Micro Community page. Thank you! 

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

230 Points

Thanks for the explanation!

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

190 Points

6 months ago

Is this applicable to Android phones?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

Hi @john_adaf4e,

This hotfix is for Desktop/ Laptop Computers only. Thank you! 
​ 

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

60 Points

It doesn't work on my laptop. Not compatible. Guess I didn't pay enough for Trend Micro all these years? 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

51 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Hi @radiochair

We want to verify the current version of Trend Micro installed on your Windows device since this Hotfix is only compatible with Trend Micro version 17.8. Thank you! 

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

6 months ago

Worked just fine.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

51 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Hi @rrwehking ,

We're glad to know that the hotfix worked. Thanks for letting us know. For further concerns or clarifications. feel free to reach out. Thanks again!

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

190 Points

6 months ago

I don't understand the difference between a 'hot fix' and an update. Why can't this be included in a regular update? When I read the t&c for this it says it hasn't been subjected to the usual thorough testing, which concerns me. Is everyone meant to apply this, or what?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

Hi @john_adaf4e​, 

The hotfix is made to quickly solve the current problem while we wait for the next update. This fix will be part of the next update, so other customers facing the same issue won't need the hotfix anymore.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights