866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

Friday, March 18th, 2022 2:43 AM

Closed

Answered

Game Time: Spot the Scam

Game on, Trend Micro Community! 

In the past 2 years, we spent most of our days online because of the pandemic. We have been raising awareness on how to protect and identify scams thru our weekly articles. Can you spot them on your own now?

This month, we bring you The Community Game Time, we will post monthly mini-games, quizzes, and activities. Everyone can join, play, and learn at the same time!

Can you spot the suspicious parts of this email?

Email Content:

USPS.COM

Congratulations, dear usps.com customer!

Every Tuesday We select 200 lucky usps.com users randomly to receive a voucher from our sponsors usps.com voucher can only be used to purchase eligible goods and services on usps.com and certain related sites as provided in the usps.com reward
Terms and Conditions To use a reward for an usps website in another country, please visit: usps.com

Receive your Reward
delivered byACI .LC.. an usps company reward are subject to Terms and Conditions
Have a great day!
Sincerely. USPS Team

Accepted Solution

Legend

• 

358 Messages

• 

11.2K Points

2 years ago

USPS does not offer any reward for any kind of service.

Accepted Solution

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

2 years ago

Lot's of Red Flags, Starts with the spaces between USPS in the email sender name. Get's worse from there!

Accepted Solution

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

60 Points

2 years ago

The return email address is bogus.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

2 years ago

How about you guys? What red flags do you see?

Brand User

Hustler

• 

66 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

2 years ago

for me, it's the little things like this part:

Sincerely. USPS Team

ie the use of period versus a comma, an official/professional company will always get this right :)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

766 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

2 years ago

It's the subject for me. 👀 Please.confirrm.yourr.receipt.ID#09080!!
#WrongSpelling

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

2 years ago

It's the entire email, from company header to, misspelled words, run on sentences and you name it.

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

140 Points

2 years ago

"...dear usps customer...." a company will use your name.  Capital "We", many, many punctuation errors and incorrect sentence structure.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

202 Points

2 years ago

Misspellings, incorrect grammar, run on sentences, typos, etc. 

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

2 years ago

From address would be USPS.COM, bad grammar, bad capitalization, way easy.  Would also wonder, in my case, how USPS would have gotten my email address...

Hotshot

• 

41 Messages

• 

714 Points

2 years ago

The first thing I see is a spelling mistake inside the message

Please.confirrm.yourr.ID09080!! A double r in confirm and in your

Second

Receive your Reward delivered byACI .LC..

Why does USPS not self deliver

Third

Never push a button to go forward which says "Receive your Reward".

A double R in capital.

You could hoover your mouse over the link behind, but with these mistakes, you better blacklist this mail.

Final, I never contacted USPS, so why would they care to send me a mail.

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

60 Points

2 years ago

Scam. Too many red flags to waste time counting.

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

120 Points

2 years ago

Spelling, Type Fonts, Logo, there are no USPS.Com customers, No give away's by government entity, enbeded URL is wrong, ID is wrong 

Blocked and deleted after the first three red flags

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

120 Points

2 years ago

The period "." between all the words in the heading along with the incorrectly spelt words with extra "r" in 2 words. Then there is the email address for "TEAM" being "pen856@gmail.com" which wouldn't be used by the US Postal Service - they have a website usps.com & this would be used for all communications.

Then the big one! I live in Australia so how is the USPS rescheduling delivery, once a parcel arrives in Australia it's picked up by AusPost for delivery. That opens up a really slow service for us in Australia with parcels taking as long to get the 200 km from the AusPost processing facility in Sydney to my home address often taking the same length of time from the US to Australia.

Hustler

• 

44 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

2 years ago

anyone can spot this USPS does not separate its letters + they don't have games.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights