• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

Friday, August 20th, 2021 2:43 AM

Closed

FlyTrap Android Malware Is Taking Over Facebook Accounts

FlyTrap Android Malware Is Taking Over Facebook Accounts

A new trojan malware found by the security research firm Zimperium hijacks approximately 10,000 Facebook users around the world. Popularly known as the Flytrap Trojan Malware. It targets the open-sourced Android software where users can easily download or install infected apps via third-party app stores to their devices. 

Hackers often target Facebook accounts because they can take over the friends list. They use it to send spam messages to spread the malware faster.

How does FlyTrap work? How can I protect myself from FlyTrap? Read the full article here.

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

3 years ago

Is there a setting in your program to keep it from showing this information in a popup when I log on to windows?  And before you ask - this is a screenshot of what your popup looks like:

Brand User

Superstar

• 

445 Messages

• 

8.6K Points

Hi, aboron!

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

The pop up is to inform the user that a new malware has been found and what are the possible ways to protect your devices from it.

The pop up should not show up again, once you have close it by clicking the X icon in the upper right corner of your screen.

Hope this helps!

-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

It's not so much that this popup comes up once, it's more that popups like this one come up from time to time to inform _me_ of things I never wanted to know about.  I'd like to have the option to be exempt from someone's idea of appropriate news items that should show up on my desktop.  Unless the actual computer I'm using is currently infected, I'd rather not hear about it.

Brand User

Superstar

• 

445 Messages

• 

8.6K Points

Hi, aboron!

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

Trend Micro has a Mute Mode feature that temporarily stops non-critical notifications while you are doing an important task and automatically stops non-critical notifications when the PC is in full-screen mode.

You can try to modify this feature and check if the issue will still persist by following the instructions on the link below:

How to use Mute Mode 

Hope this helps!

-TM_Angelo

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights