Hotshot

• 

11 Messages

• 

520 Points

Thursday, December 21st, 2023 3:39 PM

Closed

Fast battery drain problem

I experience fast battery drain on my hp 250g8. I do not face the same problem with another antivirus.

I use trend micro and another antivirus on and off(both are paid subscription).

I do not face the same problem with the other av.

n.b.- I keep my windows 11 updated with the latest version. I always install the latest montly update as soon as they arrive on second tuesdays every month. I have never installed any preview updates on my laptop 

I do not think of installing tm or renewing my tm subscription ever again unless you resolve all the bugs.

do not ask me for log files or version no. because I already uninstalled tm. I am thinking of installing tm few months later. I expect not get any problem with tm then.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

140 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

7 months ago

Hi @rpme1996n,

We understand your concern and hope that when you reinstall the Trend Micro Security, you won't be having the same issue. 

You may also consider checking the battery-draining apps. Go to computer settings and look for Battery. Identify the apps that are using a significant amount of battery and consider uninstalling or disabling them. You may also enable battery-saving mode to limit background activity and optimize power usage. 

Regards,

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights