Trend Security Expert

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

Thursday, November 16th, 2023 7:13 AM

Closed

'Extension Failed to Load' error - Join the discussion!

Trend Micro Community!

What's wrong?

Some of you might've noticed the "Extension failed to load properly" error message after the recent Trend Micro Toolbar update on Chrome and Edge.

Why am I getting this message?

Our tech team is on it! Investigating and fixing ASAP. Apologies for the hassle—updates coming soon.

What to do now?

While we sort it out, kick off a quick reinstall!

• Uninstall: Right-click on the toolbar icon, and select "Remove."
  • Install: Grab the latest from Chrome or Edge.

Your patience rocks! Questions? Drop 'em below.

Join the discussion!

Sign in or create an account.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

8 months ago

Hotshot

• 

32 Messages

• 

880 Points

@tm_kree​ 

Well, I am glad this is affecting other people, I've had this twice now on Google's Browser and done a reinstall on the 'Extension' as has been suggested. I expect it will occur yet again at some point. 

Trend Micro is investigating this so that is reassuring, I just hope a resolution is achieved quickly as this issue is a real nuisance.   

Stay strong people, Trend Micro is with us!!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

Thank you for your patience @telboy911. I completely understand the frustration you're experiencing with this issue on Google's Browser, and it's good to hear that you've taken steps like reinstalling the extension. Trend Micro is actively investigating the issue.

Hustler

• 

70 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

8 months ago

Hey why dun answer my question? Answer my question now!!!!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

83 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Hi @karismajopd ,

We are already consulting the issue you have reported last time which is the Restart pop up issue on Microsoft.

Rest assured that we will get back to you once we got a resolution to this.

(edited)

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

8 months ago

Gee, that's strange, yet another "issue" with another  "Udate". And they wonder why we are sinical of their Product.!!!

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

40 Points

8 months ago

I don't have the best laptop in the world, but even with 16Gb of RAM and a 400mps Internet connection, the download of the new version took a long time.  Applying the update itself was painfully slow.

After that, the Chrome extension failed twice, BUT it worked on the third attempt.

End result - have a little patience, people, it will work.

Cyber security is why you bought Trend.  The deeper the update goes, the longer it takes to protect YOUR DATA.

If every release was easily ingested by ALL machines out there, people like me would be out of a job (I am an IT Business Analyst).  Put another way, the fact Trend are aware and on the case to resolve this matter, means YOUR INTERESTS are very high on their priority list.

If Trend were to act like Microsoft, then continue to moan about the update.  Unlike Microsoft updates (which screw up my laptop EVERY TIME, requiring partial rebuilds) Trend actually care about the customer journey.

As a Customer / Consumer, you have a choice... the other products (and services) are not as thorough as Trend.  I prefer a little 'discomfort' with an occasional, less than perfect update than having my data stolen.  By all means, try the others... Good luck with remaining safe online.

Please note: I am not affiliated with Trend, but when the largest global Shipping company (my former employer) installs Trend after an expensive cyber attack that wiped out 46,000 laptops, 60,000 desktops and three server farms, then you know there is quality in the product.  Good luck to those who remain cynical. 

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

" Occasional " little discomfort, and read the reviews and comparison test benchmarks on  "'others" . They might surprise you. Did the former employer have any Cyber Attack Software installed before the attack? The "occasional" happen far too often, simply read through this Forum to see the facts.

Trend Micro could be a world leader, if they stopped their "patches" for many of their issues. Will agree on Microsoft, another IT curse. 

(edited)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

Hi @efa11547​, 

We understood the frustrations you and others had experienced, and the team was already assigned to look into the problem you are currently facing. To ensure each device's security, every program has a unique set of critical updates.

Thank you!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

8 months ago

Hi @madbadbald

Thank you for sharing your thoughts here in our Community. We truly value your commitment to online safety and appreciate your trust in Trend. We understand the importance of safeguarding your data, and we're dedicated to providing you with the best possible protection. 

Sometimes, updates can take longer than expected due to various factors, but your commitment to ensuring your system keeps up to date is commendable. 

The team that has been assigned to this task has been working on the issue and collaborating closely to ensure a prompt resolution.

Thank you!

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

180 Points

8 months ago

this does  not help me as i am very old and can't do it by myself??

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

180 Points

8 months ago

and i'm old and how do i do this without help?

it was working well before, now that you have updated it suppossedly for the better the darn sign keeps popping up every few moments. I can't get in a game of scrabble and interrupts at everything. NO JOY on the internet anymore, but it does seem to like Facebook!! i do wonder if there is a connection there somewhere. oh and PS. i have NO patience left.

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

180 Points

8 months ago

can i get some help with doing this, with removing and reinstalling please?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

Hi @mackanni01​, 

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

We can definitely assist you with your concern. Please check your inbox, as we sent an email regarding the scheduled troubleshooting for your convenience.

Thank you for your cooperation! We look forward to assisting you with this.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights