Trend Security Expert

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

Tuesday, November 14th, 2023 10:30 PM

Closed

Exciting News: Automatic Upgrade for Trend Micro Security for Windows!

Trend Micro Community!

Great news! We rolled out automatic upgrades for Trend Micro Security for Windows to enhance your protection effortlessly.

Upgrade now for seamless, cutting-edge protection. Experience the future of security with Trend Micro.

To ensure you can install a compatible version of Trend Micro Security for Windows on the latest Windows platform versions, you'll encounter the 'Downloading the Latest Version' message during installation whenever a new build is ready.

After the PC reboot, silent installation continues. Hovering over the system tray icon displays 'Upgrading to the latest version.'

After completing the upgrade, the system tray icon will display 'Protected status' and show a confirmation pop-up.

Read the full Knowledge Base Article: "Software Successfully Upgraded" pop up from Trend Micro

If you want to start the update manually, you can go to the About Page to upgrade to the new version.

Note: If you are running on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and other unsupported OS, here's How To Stop Trend Micro Auto Upgrade on Windows

Stay safe and secure!

Share Your Upgrade Experience!

Was the upgrade process easy or difficult for you? Let us know!

Join the discussion!

Sign in or create an account.

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

6 months ago

Why wasn't this done in the first instance? the Frustration of updates and upgrades in the past, and the amount of time it took TRED MICRO to fix issues is far from a professional standard, expected from an IT Company that has been in the arena as along as TREND MICRO has been. Hopefully these issues don't continue in to the future, and to all the "TREND MICRO Experts and Hot Shots", please take note!!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

51 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Hi @efa11547 ,

Upgrades takes time because they undergo thorough testing to ensure they won't cause problems on users' devices. The upgrade also involve research and quality checks to ensure they work well.  We highly appreciate your input, as it contributes to improving our overall security and service.

Have a good one!

-TM_Darlene

(edited)

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

@tm_darlene​  With all due respect to you, if they do undergo through testing and checks as stated, why do they cause problems as described on this Forum, and not released until they are free of issues. One can not deny there are issues, simply look at some of the replies on this Forum, and often takes several attempts to fix same.

We all realize things are not perfect in the real world, but we all wish TREND MICRO would fix issues in Updates and Upgrades ,BERORE THEY ARE RELEASED.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

106 Messages

• 

2.2K Points

hI @efa11547,

Thank you for your feedback. Even though research and tests were conducted before the rollout, issues may still arise, as has happened now. Rest assured that we are currently looking into it to resolve them as soon as possible.

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

It is very obvious that not enough research and testing is carried out on MANY releases. If it was, there would not be so many issues, that always need   "looking into", as TREND MICRO assure me. Just look at the number of issues in the last year alone, and tell me I am incorrect. I truly expect better from a Company that has been around as long as TREND MICRO. Great product, just far too many issues that need "looking into". HINT=Look and research a little harder in future, and pass this onto the R & D Department. All these "issues" really don't help the reputation of TREND MICRO.

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

42 Points

6 months ago

I have just spent some time with your customer service consultant and have had installed the latest version of Maximum Security. I also installed it on my mobile. While the icon appears, I am unable to add the Micro Pay Guard to allow me to use the mobile for internet banking. When I try to get Pay Guard, I get the notification that says I need to give permission for 4 items. The location permission is turned on, but i am unable to turn on the other item. If  I hit Allow now, I get asked for permission to turn on accessibility. Then I get "pay Guard Mobile. Below are the three apps which i need to protect, but they are not highlighted and i cannot get access to them. Any suggestions please, because I often use my mobile for banking etc. with thanks, John Roche

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

130 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

Hi @rochyspaddojohn

To resolve this, kindly follow the instructions below:

1. click the Allow Now Button and Tap the Next Button. You will be redirected to the Accessibility Screen.

2. Under Accessibility, Tap the Installed Apps or Installed Services.

3. Look for Mobile Security and Toggle On the Button. There is no need to Toggle on the Button for Trend Micro Mobile Security Shortcut.

(edited)

Prodigy

• 

238 Messages

• 

5.5K Points

6 months ago

Great news 

Neophyte

• 

17 Messages

• 

360 Points

6 months ago

Ciao a tutti!

Perfetto questa è una buona notizia!

Bravissimi e grazie!

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

6 months ago

How do I get rid of this annoying pop-up every time I order something online?

RE: Payment Protection

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

164 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

Hi @maggiepaul1 ,

Can you tell us the exact pop up message that you are encountering ? If you can also provide us a screenshot that would be really helpful for us to provide the proper solution.

Will wait for your response, thanks!

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

6 months ago

My Trend Micro Vault disappeared after yesterday's update and starting my computer today.  How to I access the Vault again since critical data is saved in the Vault.  

Neophyte

• 

8 Messages

• 

310 Points

6 months ago

where are the files that were stored in my vault?

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

120 Points

@shelley2320​ , as stated by tm_karl in the comments just above your own, "the files in the Vault will be unlocked automatically, and the unlocked files will be moved to a folder named “Unprotected Files” that is located on your Desktop. It is suggested to move the files from the Vault folder to a new location."

Neophyte

• 

8 Messages

• 

310 Points

Well that is a lie, because there is NO folder on my desktop called “unprotected files”…..in fact I searched the hard drive and there is no unprotected file anywhere.

So where are my files?

what a crock of poop! 

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

EXACTLY: Same here: There is NO FOLDER on my Desktop. More BS, false Facts and stuff up. They really think things through, "NOT"  And, WHY is there still an "ERROR" showing incomplete extensions loading on CHROME and EDGE?

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

8 Messages

• 

310 Points

I’m not happy! 
I just want my files back!

TREND are incompetent!

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

AGREE. Fault after Fault

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

120 Points

6 months ago

My automatic upgrade has gone very smoothly so far, each pc has had to restart a couple of times during the process. Thank you Trend Micro for trying to stay on top of things and for my monthly reports.

Since moving to your software just over a year ago none of our pcs, macs, tablets or phones have experienced any issues from malware or viruses, or your software. I feel that now their greatest danger may well be me.

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

6 months ago

Does not work, took my subscription away and Support has been no help/

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

6 months ago

Please tell me why ,in my latest security report, it shows" NO INFORMATION AVAILABLE" for Password Manager., or is that another "Issue" that needs attention, and are working hard to address? 

(edited)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

164 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

Hi @efa11547 ,

Currently, Trend Micro Password manager is not icluded on the security reports for the Trend Micro Antivirus. 

Neophyte

• 

8 Messages

• 

310 Points

@tm_vince​ how about answering my question about where did my vault files go? Did you not read my post?

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

@tm_vince​ WHY: It has been in the past?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

164 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

Hi @@efa11547 ,

It was not included even before. The only included are the security reports for the Trend Micro Antivirus. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

164 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

Hi @shelley2320 ,

Our latest version of Trend Micro Antivirus (version 17.8) will no longer support the Trend Micro Vault feature. We understand that the discontinuation of Trend Micro Vault may be disappointing for you, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are committed to providing the best security solutions, and our data shows that many customers are now choosing different methods to safeguard their data on various devices. As a result, the Vault feature in Trend Micro Security for Windows will be discontinued.

The files in the Vault will be unlocked automatically, and the unlocked files will be moved to a folder named “Unprotected Files” that is located on your Desktop. It is suggested to move the files from the Vault folder to a new location.

Hope this helps!

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

5 months ago

I've just checked and I have the latest updates for my Maximum Security license.

I also have a miserably slow computer since the last major upgrade. There is clearly a conflict with Trend and the latest Win10 release.

All programs are now slow to load. Example: Irfanview used to load the program and then load a picture in less than 1 second. Now, each operation takes 30 seconds to 1+ minutes. Same for Office 365 programs Word, Excel, Powerpoint despite CPU and Memory performance / usage not excessive.

Not impressed with your software and won't renew if a solution is not found soon.

Neophyte

• 

8 Messages

• 

310 Points

@w​ my computer is also dog slow........not happy!!!

This is just bollocks

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

@w​ Good luck with waiting for a solution!! After you spend hours with an expert at Customer Support, and get frustrated even more, after they tell you it's your computer that's at fault,( been there, done that),and they will ask you to send log files etc, nothing will change. I am absolutely disgusted at the way nothing changes, except for the consistent promises to  "consistently strive for the best in safeguarding the security of every user's devices. This process of upgrading our software is to ensure that our patterns are aligned with the latest threats that may arise." Been with them for over 15 years, and this is how they treat a long term customer. NOT FOR MUCH LONGER!! Take a look at the review on FORBES website, it is not a glowing result. And if you don't like what I am saying, TREND MICRO, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!! PICK UP YOUR GAME. 

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

140 Points

@w​ Please be aware that there have been some horrendous issues with "Windows Updates of late. Affects heaps of things in computor (Windows 10 PC in mine). Each time I spend fruitless hours trying to "fix" the problem when all it needed was to remove the offending update (which Windows immediately tries to "Auto Update" even tho I had that selected off. Lastt Update with issues was 12/13 December. Problem persisted until 24th when Windows apparently fixed the issue and things worked after the same update installed. So be "really sure" before blaming Trend Micro (just sayin' !)

Neophyte

• 

8 Messages

• 

310 Points

5 months ago

I think Trend should refund my subscription fee for losing my files!! 
Terrible support! 

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

@shelley2320​ Agree 100%. Telstra Australia drop TREND MICRO as a Software Provider, I think that says it all. Still waiting for them to show me the "Unprotected Files" on my Desktop.

(edited)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

5 months ago

Hi @shelley2320 and @efa11547 

We understand your confusion about recent Trend Micro upgrade. Our commitment is to consistently strive for the best in safeguarding the security of every user's devices. This process of upgrading our software is to ensure that our patterns are aligned with the latest threats that may arise. 

Neophyte

• 

8 Messages

• 

310 Points

@tm_prima​ there's no confusion....the upgrading of your program has deleted files from my computer and there is no apology from Trend or solutions on where those files are except in a folder that does not exist on my desktop!

Trend is just a incompetent mess and this may result in me changing Virus Protection after being with trend for many years!!!

Hustler

• 

81 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

@tm_primaWhat confusion? I am still wating for TREND MICRO to show me on my Desktop, the “Unprotected Files” that is located on your Desktop", to use the words from TREND MICRO EXPERT, tm_ vince.  Stop treating customers like fools!! Just look at the number of complaint on this page alone.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Hi @shelley2320 and @efa11547,

We've reached out to you via email for additional investigation regarding your inquiry about Trend Micro Vault files. Please respond at your earliest convenience.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights