Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

240 Points

Friday, August 11th, 2023 3:22 PM

Closed

Email Defender Pop-ups

The Email Defender pop-ups are relentless.  I have tried turning Mute Mode on, even though it says it's only for 24 hours.  I have clicked "Do not show this again" repeatedly - and I still get the pop-ups. How do I stop it??

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

1 year ago

Hi @emailstephen,

For us to further isolate the issue, we would appreciate if you can provide the following information:

1. Trend Micro Program Version:
How to check Trend Micro program version on Windows | Trend Micro Help Center

2. Version of Trend Micro Extension(Make sure that it is up-to-date):
How to update Trend Micro Toolbars and Extensions | Trend Micro Help Center

3. Browser Version:
4. Screenshot of the Issue:

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

I have a similar problem.  I have turned on email defender and every time I return to the same email account it pops up asking me if I want to turn on email defender.  Why can't it stay turned on??

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

240 Points

@tm_chris​ Thanks

#1 Version 17.7.1940
#2 I followed directions to ensure it is up-to-date
#3 Chrome Version 115.0.5790.171
#4 I shouldn't have to send a screenshot of your popup - if it weren't happening, I wouldn't be requesting help to stop it, but here ya' go:

TIA for help stopping it. It is annoying!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

51 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Hello @emailstephen & @kennethbourne,

Please give it a try on temporarily disable protection on Windows and check if issue will improve.

Hope this helps!

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

240 Points

Maybe! I closed my email and reopened without the popup. I will test again when I can shut down and restart my computer. Sure hope it alleviates the problem - and big time thanks if it does!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

Hi @emailstephen​,

Thank you for letting us know that it worked. Let us know the result of your test again if it alleviates the issue.

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

7 months ago

I have the same issue with the email defender pop-up when using yahoo email and it is beyond annoying spam marketing. I've turned on temporary non-critical pop-ups within Trend Micro. Please advise an actual fix. I'm considering uninstalling trend micro altogether and going to another vendor.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

92 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

Hi @bradcourt1 

Welcome to Trend Micro Online Community.

Can you also indicate here the current version of your Trend Micro Toolbar and your Trend Micro Application?

We already released an update that deals with this issues similar to this one.

If you haven't updated them yet, please consider giving them an update first.

To do that, click on the Trend Micro Application Icon on your system tray > check for software updates.

We are currently at version 17.8.1139

Let us know how it goes.

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

240 Points

@tm_ace​ 

Hi !

I have version 17.8.1145 (seemingly more recent than ...1139) and I still get the email popups.

I tell ya - I've been with Trend for at least 10 years and my renewal comes up in May.  It's annoying enough that I've actually considered looking at other protections.

Sure would love to resolve the issue for both our sakes! :)

Kindly let us know if there is a definitive solution.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

83 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Hi @emailstephen ,

May I know if you could try restarting your Trend Micro components since you are already using the latest version 17.8.1145.

I tried replicating the issue on my end.

Got the pop up "Protect your webmail". Clicked the Do not show this again and then restarted my pc.

After opening chrome once again and then visit gmail.com, the pop up is no longer showing on my end.

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

240 Points

I will give your steps a try, for sure - with thanks for sharing!

The only thing I might notice:  You said gmail... I'm using an AT&T email account that is virtually Yahoo.  Wonder if that could be part of the problem. Hmmm.

Anyway - I'll reply when I have tried your steps. Thanks again!

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

@tm_ace​ hi, I have version 17.8.1145. I've uninstalled Trend Micro completely, reinstalled and the pop-up was still happening despite clicking the 'do not shot this again' link. To just get rid of it I enabled the email defender feature, thinking I can then go in and turn it off if it's annoying to have running (& that trend micro will respect that and not bombard me with more pop-ups to turn it back on). Here's hoping.

(edited)

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights