• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

Sunday, October 29th, 2023 10:27 PM

Closed

Disastrous result again for TM on AV Comparatives

For the third time in a row TM scores badly (last) in AV Comparatives:

Sep2023....................97.95%   (Free Windows Defender .....99.95%)

Mar2023....................97.19%   (Free Windows Defender .....99.98%)

Sep2022.....................97.41%  (Free Windows Defender .....99.99%)

Is anybody from Trend Micro corporate curious why is that????

because , as a paying customer, I am.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

9 months ago

Hi @claudiubotezatu,

We understand that high level of protection is your top priority. Our team is thoroughly analyzing the results, and once we hear from them, we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@tm_chris​ 

"We understand that high level of protection is your top priority"

You understand right. That's why I am paying for this product.

"Our team is thoroughly analyzing the results"

The results from Mar2023 and Sep2022 should have been analyzed already , they are 6 and 12 month old.

What was the conclusion???

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

Hello tm_chris,

Still waiting for "conclusions" after analyzing the results from Mar2023 and Sep2022...unless you provided a boilerplate answer.

Superstar

• 

207 Messages

• 

6.4K Points

@tm_chris​ This has been for the past 3 tests of AV comparatives. TM got Best android security award for its android AV, Best Mac OS AV award as well. But why it lacks Best windows security award from AV test or performing poor in AV comparatives malware tests. Please take this matter to the higher ups and improve this situation in these tests. Most of the time k7 AV from an Indian company outperforms the TM in this test of AV comparatives. 

I have observed this problem of lower detection rates. A user can report about it and detection will be added but please improve it on your end. Please take a look at the results of AV comparatives and make sure that TM excels in the upcoming tests.

Superstar

• 

207 Messages

• 

6.4K Points

9 months ago

Yes the malware test results of AV comparatives for Trend Micro are alarming. Hope that they improve threat detection. Even Indian cybersecurity company K7 scores much better than Trend Micro which is not ideal for Trend Micro. 15 to 20 samples may miss I would say its good. But missing 250+ samples for detection is alarming situation. Also its continuous for 3 previous tests. So please do some improvement in this regard for real this time. I hope things may change in future.

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@Anime_007​ 

Nothing will change... nothing changed in 18 months.

They simply don't care!

TM seems more interested if you are going to buy iPhone 15....

(edited)

Superstar

• 

207 Messages

• 

6.4K Points

@claudiubotezatu​ still we can ask them humbly to take steps to overcome these results. A fair criticism is good but we must be humble and respectful to the whole team of TM.

As a matter of fact these results surprises me a bit of their testing scenario as its not a transparent test where we can see a video of test results. 

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@Anime_007​ 

In a perfect world , you are right.

But we had enough! 

TM is not receptive to any feedback in spite of elegant language used by TM employees.

At a certain point the truth has to be said , humble or not.

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

Due to the lack of answers  from Trend Micro , I decided to abandon my 3Y /3PC licenses ( two of them, for 5 PC) and switch to Windows Defender with Defender Configurator and Microsoft Defender Browser Protection for Chrome.

So far this configuration had ZERO failure in whatever I tested , with samples from Malware Bazaar.

Good luck to whoever continue to use TM.

Superstar

• 

207 Messages

• 

6.4K Points

@claudiubotezatu​ if you are discarding it then I suggest you to use another AV as Windows defender is not good enough in different scenarios. You can use Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton or McAfee based on your judgement and discretion.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights