Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Monday, June 12th, 2023 7:43 PM

Closed

Disable or Turn Off Pay Guard

Every time I open Amazon, it opens, and then it re-opens in Pay Guard.  It only does this with Amazon.  I don't want to use Pay Guard at all.  How do I turn it off?  At the very lease how can I turn it off or disable it for Amazon only?

Official Solution

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

160 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

1 year ago

Hi Trend Micro Users Community!

Thank you for your patience and understanding with regards to this concern.

We're glad to inform you that Trend Micro has already released program updates to resolve this issue. If you see a Restart Required pop-up from Trend Micro, click Restart Now to install the updates.

You can also download the update manually by following the steps from the article provided below:

Trend Micro Pay Guard opens unlisted websites

Should you still encounter any issues after the update, please let us know.

Regards,
tm_klariz

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

1 year ago

Hi @bethwebb01

To update your Trend Micro Payguard Settings, kindly follow the instructions below:

1. Open Trend Micro Program Main Console

2. Click the Privacy Tab

3. Click Configure on Pay Guard under Privacy Tab

Here is the screenshot for your reference:

If you are still experiencing the same issue, may we ask for the following information:

1. Trend Micro Program Version:
2. Trend Micro Toolbar Version:
3. What browser are you using:

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

@tm_chris​ Where do we find this information?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

160 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

Hi @bethwebb01, @redhummingbird1,

If the Trend Micro Pay Guard constantly opens multiple tabs with the same URL/address, kindly follow the steps on the article provided below:

Trend Micro Pay Guard keeps opening new tabs

Also, if you want to disable the Pay Guard pop up temporarily or remove the Trend Micro Pay Guard, click here.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

tm_klariz

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

230 Points

@tm_chris​ this does not work I did it multiple times and i still have this problem,,, we need a real fix !!

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

150 Points

@tm_chris​ IF you are the person to help, ADD ANOTHER WAY to disable these annoying popups, since NOTHING suggested had worked at all. This is invasive and far too unacceptable. Thx.

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

230 Points

I now have this PAY GUARD "POPING UP" on my Sams club Site

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

100 Points

1 year ago

This does not fix the problem. This BUG, is every time you click on anything on Amazon the payguard window pops up. Even if you have the ask box checked. Your example is to add amazon. We need to DISABLE the function.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

Hi @clnelson 

If you are experiencing the same issue, may we ask for the following information:

1. Trend Micro Program Version:
2. Trend Micro Toolbar Version:
3. What browser are you using:

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

100 Points

Trend Micro

Trend Micro Toolbar Version: 17.0.1650.0
Firefox 114.0.1 (64-bit)

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

150 Points

@clnelson​ Yes, I AGREE, and have searched for an hour without finding way to disable this.. after following ALL suggestions. Nothing is stopping it, which does not make any sense. 

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

190 Points

1 year ago

I have the same problem and want to remove payguard!!!

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

150 Points

@jornbates​ Thanks. We ALL need to have a new update OPTION to REMOVE that pay guard completely. This was NOT ASKED to install with last update. I say NO to this, and Micro Trend needs to ASK customers the next time trying to pop things up in our faces with no relief obtainable. 

Neophyte

• 

11 Messages

• 

480 Points

You are so right, awthentix. This is annoying, and it is arrogant and obnoxious of a company to come in and do something like this to our computers without asking for or receiving permission.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

190 Points

@awthentix​ Agreed but they won't allow us or tell us how!!!

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

1 year ago

I have the same problem. It just started with this last update. I HATE this feature and the popups are so annoying! I can't even use the internet right now because the pop up just keeps opening over and over again!  

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

1 year ago

I need to disable Pay Guard!!!

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

90 Points

1 year ago

fix it or im picking a new anit virus system

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

160 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

1 year ago

Hi @clnelson, @jornbates, @truaxis, @raymondwyland777,

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this issue has brought you.

Should you wish to disable the Pay Guard pop up temporarily or remove the Trend Micro Pay Guard, click here.

You may also check the article below if the Trend Micro Pay Guard constantly opens multiple tabs with the same URL/address:

Trend Micro Pay Guard keeps opening new tabs

Note: "Ask every time before opening banking or shopping websites in Pay Guard" should be unchecked to disable the Pay Guard pop-up.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

tm_klariz

Neophyte

• 

11 Messages

• 

480 Points

@tm_klariz​ That does NOT work, as evidenced by all the people, including me, who have tried that, to no avail. Read the other comments in this thread.

Neophyte

• 

11 Messages

• 

480 Points

@tm_klariz​ I'm getting the feeling that instead of once again attempting the useless "fix" to disable Pay Guard, it's time to just uninstall Trend Micro and get another anti-virus program. (This Pay Guard popup is as bad as a virus, and got here the same way - installed WITHOUT the user's permission.)

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

110 Points

1 year ago

Yes, I am having the same problem. Pay Guard is making my Amazon unusable. I will also cancel my subscription if this continues.

Neophyte

• 

11 Messages

• 

480 Points

1 year ago

How many people have to comment how many times that THIS "FIX" DOESN'T WORK" before Trend Micro stops posting that same "fix" here? 

Read the comments - you are simply making the problem worse (considering that your Pay Guard is NOT something that people were asking for in the first place.)

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@mpmcbride​ 

TM people do not have time to answer... they are more preoccupied by "Work from home tech tips"

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

1 year ago

The common response has been open TM go to Privacy, uncheck yada, yada. THAT DOESN'T WORK!!!

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

1 year ago

Just had this happen today while trying to work on ebay. Had to go thru support and have a tech remote access my pc to uninstall trend then reinstall an older version along with multiple adjustments . Was told it is only temporary and do not update until they email me to say it is good to . Almost 2 hours to temporarily fix this. Thanx KC (tech) for the help as it was killing me to even send a message.

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

@ceejpea​ Also I had never even turned the crap on or used it before.

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

1 year ago

All of the suggestions to fix the issue worked before the most recent update. They no longer work and now payguard acts like a virus because I can't turn it off. I am so tempted to either get rid of trend until they fix this or just get rid of them all together.

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

80 Points

1 year ago

This is a virus now. Get rid of it or I will definitely switch. Trend Micro used to be a perfect silent protector. It has been more and more intriguing recently. This is the last straw. You guys went too far, installing stuff that changed the behavior of other software and does not allow users to turn it off. 

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

190 Points

1 year ago

PLEASE HELP US!

Neophyte

• 

11 Messages

• 

480 Points

@jornbates​ Don't hold your breath. Judging by the other posts in this thread, this has been going on a while and the response is totally inadequate. 

I wish these damn companies would STOP adding "features" to their software and installing them without asking the users if they want them installed or not - stop screwing with our computers without permission.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights