• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

Wednesday, July 21st, 2021 3:07 PM

Closed

Answered

Delete Files in the quarantine

I have Trend Micro maximum security but i can not find an option for deleting the files placed in quarantine.

I need to know how to delete them. Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Brand User

Superstar

• 

445 Messages

• 

8.6K Points

3 years ago

Hi eslamgam3l,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

The Quarantine List displays files that seem to contain malicious software. You can delete, clean, or restore files on the list.

If Antivirus for Mac is unable to clean a file, it will quarantine it. Once quarantined, malicious software can do no harm.

To know more about how to use Quarantine List, you can refer to the link below.

How to use Quarantine List (Antivirus for Mac)

Hope this helps!

-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

3 years ago

I have windows 10 but i can not find the delete option. I just found the restore one.

(edited)

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

231 Messages

• 

4.4K Points

3 years ago

Hi, eslamgam3l

Thank you for your response,

There is no option to delete a quarantined file on Windows 10 devices since the file is already deleted once detected.
The only option for the quarantined files is to be restored but, let me just inform you that restoring a detected file poses a potential security risk. You should not restore a detected file unless you are sure that the file is clean and the detection was a false positive.

For more understanding regarding this issue you can check the link below:

Valid files and programs are detected as malicious (Trend Micro Security for Windows)

Hope this helps!

Regards,

TM_Kar

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

3 years ago

@saccharine_ching

I know that but the files still there in the quarantine. it is a basic option in all Anti-viruses. it is strange for me not to have a delete option to delete all files in quarantine.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

764 Messages

• 

13.6K Points

Hi, eslamgam3l

Please try to manually delete this threat that is being detected by the program. It is possible to export the Security Threat result to find out where the Affected files are located so that you can delete them precisely.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

- TM_Rochelle

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

@rochellemae_bautista

that doesn't help. just to make my idea clear, when trend micro detects a threat, it removes the threat and places it in the quarantine.

what I need is to delete all the files from the quarantine folder of trend micro. the export option doesn't help because it gives me the path where the file was detected. I can't understand why you make things difficult. It is a very basic option   

Brand User

Legend

• 

682 Messages

• 

10.1K Points

Hi, eslamgam3l.

Files under quarantined files are already considered deleted as it was detected by Trend Micro as malicious. It's only giving you an option to restore in case the file detected is a false-positive detection.

Since you would like to check if the file is already deleted, you can export the scan result and follow the file path indicated to manually check and delete the file.

Let us know if you have further questions.

- TM_Kim 

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights