• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

Friday, December 29th, 2023 2:19 PM

Closed

Cybersecurity Unveiled: Trend Micro's 2023 Recap

Trend Micro Community!

As we bid farewell to 2023, a year fraught with cyber threats, Trend Micro takes you through a detailed retrospective of the key cybersecurity challenges and incidents that define the digital landscape. From scams and data breaches to ransomware and malware, this article encapsulates the year in numbers, providing valuable insights to keep you informed and vigilant.

Trend Micro 2023 Cybersecurity Wrapped

Trend Micro is dedicated to ensuring your online safety around the clock. Explore our highlights on top scams, data breaches, and ransomware attacks in 2023. Read the full article to start your safer online journey. Share this info with loved ones and get ready for a more secure 2024 together.

Read the comprehensive overview here.

Join the discussion!

Sign in or create an account.

Neophyte

• 

8 Messages

• 

250 Points

7 months ago

Hi Tm, kree thank you for your information. about the 2023 results about scams and fraud in the US it is alarming it is getting worse every year it seems to me the crims are getting smarter today i think the cyber security companies need to up their anti and simply make it harder on these crims and make the fines harder and more severe to deter these criminals

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

80 Points

7 months ago

I have lost faith in Trend Micro. I had my desktop hacked into and corrupted by three different viruses. T M didn't block any of them. A similar thing happened to my laptop.

T M does a lot of advertising and reporting but their 'protection' doesn't measure up.

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

80 Points

Agreed! Need to do better for sure

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

80 Points

They sure do need to do better. Furthermore they need to reply to emails. I have repeatedly written to them and only get 'form' answers with a no reply email. Very lame!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

Hi @robertlaw1959​ & @didier454,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're facing with the Trend Micro Security!

Making sure your security software is set up right can really make a difference in getting the protection you need. Check out this page for a quick guide on How to Get Started With Trend Micro Security Features on Windows.

Hope it helps!

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

when I go to check response This site can't be reached  ??!!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

128 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

Hi @jammiesps​, 

You could try opening the link again after clearing your browsing history or even using another browser.

Hope this helps.

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

80 Points

7 months ago

I have lost trust in Trend Micro's ability to protect my computers. I have had too many failures where dangerous data has entered my computer in spite of T M 'protection'.

Legend

• 

358 Messages

• 

11.2K Points

@robertlaw1959​ Check your settings.  I've always kept mine on "hypersensitive" and Trend Micro has never failed me.  Use it wisely and it's the best security going.

That pertains to all dissatisfied posters above also.

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

7 months ago

I feel it so hard to understand  if I need to update. I feel you should do it for me. I am an oldie and find it all very confusing. Please make it simpler for people like me!!!!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

128 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

Hi @mgstoneham​,

I do understand your sentiments. 

Be advised that Trend Micro consistently checks for patches and minor updates every 3 hours. Therefore, we highly recommend ensuring that the device remains on within 3 days to guarantee the installation of these updates. However, when it comes to version upgrades, it is advisable to manually check, as there are a few reasons why they might not install, such as network restrictions and operating system limitations.

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

150 Points

7 months ago

Really exciting, Auto Security update for windows security,  I have Chrome OS, Is our security going to be weaker than Windows, or do we get a security update ?.

Dave.  

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights