• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Friday, February 17th, 2023 11:00 PM

Closed

Answered

Crazily high memory usage

I've been using Trend for years without issues, but in the last few days the program has suddenly started taking virtually all my memory and my desktop is pretty much unusable. Uninstalled Trend and the computer worked perfectly. Reinstalled and the computer was fine for a few hours and suddenly it's using 97% of memory again. Any solutions?    

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

1 year ago

Hi @ng 

We have posted a hotfix with regards to High CPU and Memory Usage caused by Trend Micro.

For more details, you may visit:
High CPU and Memory Usage when Trend Micro program is ON | Trend Micro Help Center

Hope this helps.

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

@tm_chris​ Thanks. Eventually I managed to get it downloaded and installed, but this is pretty challenging when you have no memory! After restarting the PC, the initial indications are that memory usage is normal again. I'll post again after a week or so to update further and hopefully confirm a successful fix. Thank you. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Hi @ng5,

Thank you for letting us know that the provided solution helped bring back normal memory usage on your device.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are always here to help.

Thank you. 

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights