• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Saturday, January 1st, 2022 5:10 PM

Closed

Resolved

Constant pop ups re blocked websites

I'm using Trend Security Software on my Dell PC (Microsoft s/w) essentially to check for viruses.  In the last few weeks I've also been getting Trend pops warning me about a suspicious website that should not be opened.  It's annoying because it happens every minute or two or even more frequently.  I have to close the pop up each time to be able to continue with other work I'm doing on the PC.  I don't recognise the website concerned and I've no idea where it's coming from.  How do I eliminate these pop ups?  

Accepted Solution

Brand User

Legend

• 

682 Messages

• 

10.1K Points

3 years ago

Hi, johnjones.

Please try to clear your browser's cache and history then let us know if this will solve your concern. You can follow the instructions on the link below:

How to clear web browser cache

- TM_Kim

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Hi TM_Kim

Many thanks indeed for your suggestion to clear my browser's cache and history.  I've been working on my PC for several hours now and it does appear to have solved the problem.  If it happens again in the future I now know how to solve it. 

Cheers

John Jones 

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

3 years ago

Hi TM_Kim

Many thanks indeed for your suggestion to clear my browser's cache and history.  I've been working on my PC for several hours now and it does appear to have solved the problem.  If it happens again in the future I now know how to solve it. 

Cheers

John Jones 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

764 Messages

• 

13.6K Points

That's good to know that the issue has been resolved, John. Thank you for updating us. In case you need more help, please feel free to reach out to us again.

- TM_Rochelle

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights