• 

2 Messages

• 

150 Points

Friday, June 16th, 2023 7:50 AM

Closed

Compatibility Issues with TrendMicro Antivirus on Intel Evo Laptop

Hello everyone,

I wanted to bring to your attention a compatibility issue that I've been facing with TrendMicro Antivirus on my Intel Evo laptop. I hope that by sharing this problem with the community, we can find a solution or offer some guidance to others who might be experiencing a similar issue.

Issue Description: I recently purchased an Intel Evo laptop and decided to install TrendMicro Antivirus to ensure the security of my system. However, I encountered compatibility issues between the antivirus software and my Intel Evo laptop. The problems I've experienced include:

1. Frequent System Slowdowns: After installing TrendMicro Antivirus, I noticed a significant decrease in my laptop's performance. Simple tasks such as browsing the web or opening applications took much longer than usual.

2. Unresponsive Applications: Certain applications became unresponsive or crashed frequently after the antivirus software was installed. This behavior was not observed prior to the installation.

3. High CPU Usage: Upon checking the Task Manager, I discovered that TrendMicro Antivirus was utilizing an excessive amount of CPU resources, causing my laptop's fan to constantly run at high speed.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken: To address the compatibility issues, I attempted the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Reinstallation: I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the TrendMicro Antivirus software, hoping that it would resolve the compatibility problems. Unfortunately, the issues persisted even after a fresh installation.

2. Update Check: I made sure that both the antivirus software and my Intel Evo laptop had the latest updates installed. However, this did not resolve the compatibility issues.

Request for Assistance: I'm turning to this community for assistance in resolving the compatibility issues between TrendMicro Antivirus and Intel Evo laptops. If anyone has encountered a similar problem or knows of a possible solution, your insights would be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, if you have any alternative antivirus recommendations that are known to be compatible with Intel Evo laptops, please share them. It would be helpful to explore alternative options while waiting for a resolution.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and insights. Let's work together to find a solution and ensure the smooth functioning of our Intel Evo laptops.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

51 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

1 year ago

Hi @winniewindsor6

We appreciate you sharing your concern with us.

Could you please provide a screenshot of the resource usage of Trend Micro that is causing your computer to slow down?

Additionally, it would be helpful if you could check your installed applications for any potential conflicts with Trend Micro, as they might be contributing to the slowdown.

If you have already updated Trend Micro, you can try adjusting the Real-time Scanning Settings. Within the Trend Micro antivirus settings, there should be options to customize the behavior of real-time scanning. Consider making changes to these settings to minimize the impact on your system resources.

For further assistance, you can refer to the following link: How to adjust Trend Micro scan settings on Windows | Trend Micro Help Center

Hope this helps! 

Regards, 

tm_macky

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights