Common Bank Scams Today and How To Avoid Them
How bank scams work?
Scammers are everywhere! Their main focus is to trick you into providing your personal info to gain access to your money and identity. There are many scam tactics invented every day by our not-so-friendly neighbors and the worst is Bank Scams. Here are the 3 Common Bank Scams from our Trend Micro Check Team that we should know about.
NFCU Alert Scam
Known NFCU alert scam URLs:
Bank of America Phishing Scam
Known Bank of America phishing scam URLs:
M&T Bank Phishing Scam
Known M&T Bank phishing scam URLs:
How To Avoid Them
Do not click the link! Whether it's from suspicious texts, emails, or chat messages. Unless you want to be redirected to a fake bank website that looks the same as the real one. These fake bank websites are carefully mapped out by scammers. They will use strong-arm tactics to lure possible victims and steal login credentials and other personal info. Do not give them that chance!
What can my bank do if I get scammed? Read the full article here.
How to Protect Yourself
- Be highly suspicious of messages that claim to be from your bank.
- Double-check the sender’s mobile number/email address.
- Always go to your bank’s official website directly instead of using links from unknown sources.
- Use Trend Micro Check to detect scams with ease — for FREE!
Trend Micro Check — our 100% FREE browser extension and mobile app — can protect you against scams, malicious websites, dangerous emails, and lots more! If you come across something dangerous online, you’ll be alerted in real time so you’ll know to stay well clear.
These topics might interest you...
- How to Enable Fortnite 2FA (Free Emote!)
- How to Unblock Websites at School, Home, or Work
- Top Phishing Scams of the Week