• 

9 Messages

• 

260 Points

Monday, January 18th, 2021 7:23 AM

Closed

Resolved

Chrome and MS Edge and network not working with Maximum Security v17

The computer has been running very slow since the last updates of Maximum Security v17. Chrome and Edge hardly turn on. There is heavy traffic on the network ("akamaitechnonogies.com"). I cannot reach your support service. Whatever the error in the application left me in a difficult situation. Frankly, I hated Trend Mikro right now. There is an endless list for akamaitechnologies.com when I check it out with netstat. Trend micro is exploiting the whole network.

Accepted Solution

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

260 Points

4 years ago

Hello to everyone,

I think I finally solved the problem.

I found that the problem is available in TM MaxSec 17.0.1222 English version. When TM MaxSec installed it in Turkish, there was no problem. MaxSec 17.0.1222 is working in Turkish version without any problem for now. Another problem does not appear. That was enough for me.

Thank you to everyone.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

764 Messages

• 

13.6K Points

It's great to know that everything is working now on your end bilgiislem.

In case you have further inquiries, please let us know immediately.

- TM_Rochelle 

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

4 years ago

Hi, bilgiislem

Welcome to the Trend Micro Home Users Community!

The Trend Micro program uses akamaitechnologies.com for its updates. But this service is used by different applications as well. May I confirm if how many times does it appear? It would be great if you can post a screenshot here so we can check it as well. 

For your web browsers running slow, try to restart and manually delete updates for the Trend Micro application. Here's how: 

1. Press the Windows Key & R at the same time, the run window should appear.
  2. Type supporttool then click OK. The Trend Micro Diagnostic toolkit will open.
  3. Go to (C) Uninstall, click 5. Stop all Components & 2. Delete Now.
  4. Reopen the Trend Micro program, and verify if the issues persist while browsing.

Let us know of its results here on the same thread. Thanks!

- TM_Reine

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

260 Points

Thanks for answer,

This is my net info. (netstat -f)

It's too long.

(edited)

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

33.4K Points

Hi bilgiislem,

Are you sure there is a internet connection??

Kind regards,

Tom

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

Thanks for the screenshot bilgiislem, may I know why do you think Trend Micro is exploiting your network? is there a specific notification on netstat that points to Trend Micro? this would help us verify it on our end as well.

Also, have you tried the previous steps I sent? are you still experiencing your browser still running slow?

- TM_Reine

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

260 Points

Because when Trend Mikro is turned on and disconnected from the network, everything returns to normal.

The same is with the network connection and it goes back to normal when you turn off Trend Micro.

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

260 Points

Hi Tom,

I'm Sure. I tested.

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

4 years ago

Hi bilgiislem,

Have you already deleted the security updates from the Diagnostic Toolkit?

- TM_Reine

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

260 Points

4 years ago

Hi reine_roque,

Yes. I delete it. But nothing happened.

Stop all components every things ok. Start all components stop working browsers.

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

90 Points

4 years ago

Help me with my Google Chrome

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

260 Points

I have not found a solution yet.

Brand User

Superstar

• 

445 Messages

• 

8.6K Points

4 years ago

Hi bilgiislem,

After deleting the security updates, can you try to manually update your Trend Micro application to see if it will resolved the issue?

If the issue still persist after the update, can you try to turn off Trend Micro and check your net info if you're still flooded with network traffic?

Also, is it okay if you can send us how fast your internet speed is and what type of internet connection are you using in that device? 

Awaiting your response.

-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

260 Points

Hello Angelo,

I have repeatedly tried to delete and install. Installing v15 and v16 looks fine for a while. But then he updates it to v17 and I can't prevent it.

Network traffic slows down after the update. Everything goes back to normal when I turn off TM MaxSec.

I have 100mbit DSL internet.

What TM MaxSec does is not normal.

Brand User

Hustler

• 

116 Messages

• 

1.8K Points

Hi bilgiislem

Please try to run the remnant file remover to remove all the remaining files of Trend Micro that possibly causing the issue on your end. Click here for the remnant file remover. Once done with the remnant file remover you may try to reinstall the Trend Micro Maximum Security. You can cllick here for the installer.

Hope this helps.

-TM_Aly

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

260 Points

Hi Alyssa,

I will try these solutions and report the result.

Brand User

Superstar

• 

445 Messages

• 

8.6K Points

Thank you for your response, bilgiislem.

Let us know how it goes.

-TM_Angelo

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

33.4K Points

4 years ago

Hi bilgiislem,

It should look a bit like this:

Where 192.168.178.74 my externe IP is.

Is it like this with Exit TM?

But answer Angelo first, maybe your problem is solved.

Kind regards,

Tom

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights