2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Monday, January 9th, 2023 11:06 PM

Closed

Answered

CapFrameX detected as malware

thats pretty much as the title says.

Trend micro is detecting CapFrameX, an official software as far as i can tell, similar to msi afterburner in many ways, is being detected as malware by trend micro and strangely even by microsofts firewall.

im stubbornly one of those that still thinks trend micro should have and use its own developed firewall and not rely on microsoft thingy but i digress.... here is the softwares page for analysis pls.

https://www.capframex.com/download

can u guys confirm if this is just a false positive or a real threat? cause i highly doubt it is a threat and i cant even use the thing now xD

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

2 years ago

Hi @emanumendes! Thank you for sharing this in our community. I will check this with our product and development team. I will keep you posted.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

2 years ago

Hi @emanumendes!

We will check the installer on our end, Thank you for providing the link where you get it.

To confirm, is Trend Micro Security detecting the installer or a file from the app?

I also need a copy of the product's security report. Here's How to view Trend Micro Security Report on Windows

Thank you

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

@tm_kree​ this is what i get

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights