• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Wednesday, August 17th, 2022 3:42 PM

Closed

Answered

Can't install after recent reset

I recently had a to reset my pc back to factory because my son had downloaded a bunch of stuff that screwed my pc up. After reset Trend Micro will not install. It goes through the whole process likes it is installing but when it gets to 99% it says it cannot be installed. I. have removed any conflicting software that was already on there. Also when I first go to open the file to start the download it would say an error of some kind and I had to click keep anyway to even start the download. Not sure if that's relevant but I thought I would include that info just in case. I ended up having to do a trial of another software for the time being until I get this figured out so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

231 Messages

• 

4.4K Points

2 years ago

Hi, cirila2012

The reason you are encountering this issue is that after you reset your device there are still Trend Micro remnants that were left on it. 

To resolve this here's what we're going to do. Kindly use the Trend Micro Remnant File Remover on your device to remove any leftover Trend Micro files from your computer so you can install the latest version without experiencing any issues.

After running the remnant file remover, try to Install Trend Micro again.

Hope this helps! In case you need more help, please let us know immediately.

TM_Kar

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights