• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Saturday, October 22nd, 2022 4:18 AM

Closed

Cannot solve green highlight issue

Hi,

I can't seem to find the right information regarding my issue. I am using Microsoft Edge and cannot remove the green highlight over links and do not seem to have the same option that everyone else seems to have. I have added trend micro to the toolbar but when I click it, the option to "rate link on mouseover" isn't available. Also, I cannot find it in any settings. Am I able to fix this or not?

Thanks in advance.

Legend

• 

358 Messages

• 

11.2K Points

2 years ago

I use the same.  The green highlight is one thing I look for to know that the website is safe as far as Trend Micro has determined.  I know it sometimes makes viewing a site difficult, but it will protect you from being hacked or compromised in any way.

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

2 years ago

Use another browser , for testing purpose.

FYI, I switched to Chrome and is 2X faster than Edge.

(edited)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

766 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

2 years ago

Hi @xxjesse_97xx,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

@woodartisan55 is right. The green highlight helps you determine if a website is safe or not and we recommend keeping this turned on.

For the Microsoft Edge browser, here is how to turn off the green highlight:

1. Click the Trend Micro toolbar on your browser.

2. Click the 3 dots on the menu then click Settings.

3. Toggle off the Rate links on web pages to turn off the green highlight.

- TM_Kath

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

1 year ago

I have the same issue. There is no way to turn this off. The highlighting makes the links unreadable which is not acceptable. If you want to identify safe links, surely you can find a way to do so while ensuring the link remains readable for the end user. If not fixed, I am going to leave Trend Micro.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

140 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

1 year ago

Hi @elmanmaurie65,

Welcome to Trend Micro Community!

Regarding your concern, the highlight just gives you visibility of the webpage rating. If you turn it off, Trend Micro will still check the URL in the background. Kindly refer to @tm_kath's response on how to turn-off this feature.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights