Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

190 Points

Sunday, October 22nd, 2023 11:09 PM

Closed

bug: bypass notification for 'file downloaded has been scanned'

downloading one file (the expected file) will result in trend micro notifying the user that a file has been downloaded, and the name of the file that has been scanned

by using precise timing, a second file can finish downloading and be scanned, resulting in the trend micro dialogue changing to a 'multi-file' dialogue, but then disappearing for the duration of the first dialogue's expected appearance time out, making the second file (or any multiple of files) downloaded appear very briefly, or not at all, resulting in not notifying the user that each subsequent file has been downloaded and/or scanned

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

128 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

9 months ago

Hi @lostphone5555 ,

May I ask what type of file did you downloaded after the first one? Does it happen all the time? 

As based here, our Real-Time scan is the one being triggered when there's new files and folders being downloaded on your computer. When there are multiple downloads happening at the same time, Trend Micro scan may bypass some files due to resource limitations. 

You may adjust the scan setting to prioritize scanning files. And you may also check and do manually update of your Trend Micro program and Windows operating system then try if still keeps happening. 

Thanks! 

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

190 Points

sorry for my late response, i wasn't notified of your reply via email.

i can't remember the type of files i was downloading, but they were identical. they were likely .zip or .pdf files.

i understand this bug isn't a high priority due to the fact that the files are indeed scanned, just that notifying the user properly isn't fixed. potentially this bug could lead to bigger security threats.

a separate bug that i am experiencing that is possibly related, is that when i start a new chrome profile, or launch a google chrome profile after not launching it for a long time, between 1 and 3 numbered files will popup, stating that they've been scanned. a google search for these files indicates that the files are a part of chrome, but it doesn't make sense to me why these files are being downloaded

is this a local/remote profile issue related to chrome? or to trend micro? chrome doesn't actually appear to download anything, and it could actually just be chrome loading or moving a file that appears to be downloading, but isn't. it's unnecessarily confusing, nonetheless.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

Hi @lostphone5555 ,

We appreciate you bringing this to our notice, as it will assist us in enhancing our product. Rest assured, we will thoroughly investigate this matter.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights