I
Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Wednesday, May 1st, 2024 7:03 PM

Browser Redirect (Yahoo) Scan not picking it up.

Hi, both Microsoft Edge and Chrome have a browser redirect issue.  Each search ends up going through Yahoo instead.  I reset Chrome and cleared extensions, but each time a user logs on they still have those engines.  Also, after each computer restart my browser is put back to search through Yahoo despite that account no longer having that search engine on the list.

If I set the Chrome to Google again, it stays there for that session.

The Trend Micro Full Scan found nothing, I've reinstalled Chrome, and I've also deleted my temp folder.  As an aside, every time I change web pages Trend Micro blocks Get663.com.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

3 months ago

Hi @icewing726 ,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

Kindly check the apps installed on your device and uninstall any apps that you do not use.

You can also try the steps below :

Check for host file unwanted lines (C: Drive>System32 folder>Host file)
Check under Browser properties in Target for any unwanted lines 
Create new profile and reset settings, clear cache , cookies and browsing history

Let me know if you have any questions.

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

This is a virus.  Why can't micro trend detect the virus and remove it?  Apparently Norton is capable of doing so.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

764 Messages

• 

13.6K Points

Hi dk0784,

Website redirection is a World Wide Web technique for making a web page available under more than one URL address. When a web browser attempts to open a URL that has been redirected, a page with a different URL is opened. This is sometimes being used by malware authors where they use URL redirection going to their malicious website.

To remove this website redirection on your browser please try to reset your Google Chrome settings. Doing this will get rid of the saved settings such as the default homepage. 

Here's how to reset:

1. On the upper right-hand corner of your Chrome browser, click the Chrome Menu button.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Show advanced settings.
  4. Under the Reset browser settings section, click Reset browser settings.
  5. Click Reset when a dialog box appears.

To resolve your website redirection issue, follow the steps below:

How to fix website redirection issues

Hope this helps. 

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights