Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

180 Points

Monday, November 20th, 2023 6:27 PM

Closed

2023 AV Comparitives

I've used Trend Micro for many years. Just looked at AV-Compartives Windows latest test for 2023 and Trend Micro was rated the worst of all av security products tested. This gives me pause. Can anyone reassure me that this result is not legitimate?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

8 months ago

Hi @grush,

The AVC Malware Protection Test is comprehensive and includes a wide range of malware samples, some of which are older and less prevalent in the current threat landscape. This mix of both recent and older threats can impact the overall detection rates, as our security solutions are optimized to protect against the latest and most relevant threats. Our primary focus remains on real-world detection, where Trend Micro excels, as evidenced by our 100% detection rate in the "Real-World Protection" category, outperforming many other vendors.

Hope this helps

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@tm_chard​ 

"The AVC Malware Protection Test is comprehensive and includes a wide range of malware samples, some of which are older and less prevalent in the current threat landscape."

Hello TM,

You continue to provide the same false and boilerplate response same as in my similar post a week ago.

Sample used were collected from the internet on mid August 2023.

"collected" means they were active on the internet on mid August. 

So, why you continue to misinform the "remaining" TM users?????

(edited)

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

8 months ago

"Can anyone reassure me that this result is not legitimate?"

The result is legitimate and ... embarrassing. Same as 6 months and 12 months ago.

Windows Defender (free) has infinite better results.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

180 Points

@claudiubotezatu​ Thanks. I remember when TM was near the top of the results. Years ago my wife picked up a few viruses that were very difficult to get rid of using the av from our cable co . I got TM and she had no further problems with her pc. I've used it since then. It sounds like TM needs to step up their game.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

35 Messages

• 

750 Points

Hey there @grush,

We greatly appreciate this insight of yours. Rest assured,  with the current evolving threats, Trend Micro is working hard to keep up and deliver top-notch products and services. Our aim is not just to keep our existing customers satisfied but also to attract new ones by offering the best current and new protections we offer.

Hotshot

• 

11 Messages

• 

520 Points

I also checked that avc test result page and surprised to know that some lesser known providers scored higher than tm which is unexpected. 

What's concerning is that tm gave way higher FPs and compromises than all others. 

Also, TM has got the lowest in the last three or four AVC tests.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

180 Points

@tm_glenn​ I hope so. My TM is in effect for several more years. Thanks.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

180 Points

@rpme1996n​ I was surprised also. I remember when Defender was lagging way behind on the list, and TM was around the top. It's interesting it rates very well on AV-TEST.org, but so do most of the others on their site.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

8 months ago

Hi @rpme1996n, 

We appreciate your positive experience with TM and It's great to hear that it has been effective for you. We completely understand your perspective, and your concerns are valid. Your feedback is valuable, and we're here to work through any questions or uncertainties you may have. Rest assured that the concern within AV comparatives are handled properly to address any issues identified.

Hey @grush 

The fact that you've never encountered viruses or malware while using it has been effective for you. Trend Micro serves as a preventive measure against malware, addressing vulnerabilities to safeguard your system from potential malicious activities.

We truly appreciate your feedback and your ongoing support. Thank you!

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights