Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

40 Points

Tuesday, June 2nd, 2020 8:30 AM

Closed

100% disk usage

I have a notebook where disk usage occasionally peaks at 100% and becomes unusable.

When i sort by usage it's usually Trendmicro utilizing it.

When TM is disabled then it becomes normal.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall TM, problem still exists.

Any advise please ?

TM Maximum security version: 16.0.1378

Brand User

Superstar

• 

650 Messages

• 

8.5K Points

4 years ago

Hi, knagb2000

May we know the version of your operating system and also can you please provide us a screenshot of your task manager where we can check the Trend micro process details on your device? You may follow the instruction on this link

How to take a screenshot to send to Trend Micro Technical Support

Can you also try to run a check disk on your device?  Please follow the instruction below.

1. Open your Command Prompt as Administrator. 
  2. Type  "chkdsk" then press enter
  3. Kindly provide us a screenshot of the result.

Awaiting for your response

-Ann

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

40 Points

@krizia_rosales 

Hello Ann,

Thanks for your response.

Please find the screenshot attached.

Running Windows 10.

Nag

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

40 Points

Hi,

Results are already sorted by Disk usage descending, what is not visible in screenshot is 0 MB/s

When i disable TrendMicro it becomes normal in a coupe of minutes and machine becomes usable again. Then i don't see a point of having TM on this machine.

I am having this experience for several days now and it is not pleasant to be honest.

Please advice if there is something that you can help.

Thanks

Nag

Brand User

Superstar

• 

579 Messages

• 

9.4K Points

Thank you for your response, knagb2000.

Please try to follow the steps provided on this link below to help speed up your computer:

How to speed up your slow PC

Let me know if you have further questions.

- Cathy

1 Message

• 

110 Points

I am having the exact same issue here. Version 16.0.1378 on windows 10. If I have the main TM console up and stop the real time protection, the disk usage goes right back down. However, if I don't have the main console up, stopping the real time protection does not impact the disk usage and it stays at 100%.

Brand User

Legend

• 

682 Messages

• 

10.1K Points

Hi, weiwang.

I would like to ask for further description and explanation of the symptoms you are experiencing. Let us know what happened.

You can try to turn off Trend Micro and check if the issue still persists. Here's how you can do it: How to turn ON/OFF Trend Micro Security for Windows.

If you can provide us a screenshot of your Task Manager where we can check its details when Trend Micro is on and when Trend Micro is off, that would be better.

Awaiting for your response.

- Kim

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights