Superstar

Superstar

• 

571 Messages

• 

9.5K Points

Tuesday, June 5th, 2018 3:09 AM

Closed

[Latest Update] "Restart Required" and "Connect to the Internet" message appears on your Trend Micro Security software

Update As of June 27:

We've now released an automatic update that resolves the error messages encountered by some users during update.

This update will restart the Trend Micro program and then restart your computer.

After restart, you can confirm that the update has been applied by:

Opening your Trend Micro program -> On the main console, click the Expiry date that will show the program version and click on Component version.

Look for the following Components and confirm the version:

Component                                                                                           Version

Contextual Intelligence Scan Controller (32-bit and 64-bit)                   1.0.1048

Endpoint Diagnostics Engine Wrapper (32-bit and 64-bit)                     7.0.1121

Threat Diagnostics Engine (32-bit and 64-bit)                                       7.0.1121

If the same issue persists kindly let us know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update As of June 19:

After the hotfix release, we will schedule another update by the end of June to permanently fix the issue of the corrupted database file that caused the error messages. 

The updates will be downloaded automatically and you can find an indicator when you hover on your 
Trend Micro icon from the lower right-hand side of the screen.

During this time, you might see a Windows notification that Virus Protection is turned off, 
but don't be alarmed as the status will change once the update is applied.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the release of our latest updates, some issues have been reported – “Restart Required” and “Connect to the Internet” error messages – that our developers are working to resolve.

In the meantime, please run the following hotfixes in the links below: 
If still experiencing the same issue/s after following the instructions, let us know and we'll help you further.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Legend

• 

358 Messages

• 

11.2K Points

6 years ago

Thank you.

Superstar

• 

245 Messages

• 

9.7K Points

6 years ago

-I'm not a Trend Micro representative, but I like to give you some suggestion-

So there is no need to deinstall TM product before to run Remnant File Remover? 

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

6 years ago

When I execute the Remnant File Remover Tool it sticks at a "permission" line and the OK box won't respond to keystrokes. Now what?

Superstar

• 

245 Messages

• 

9.7K Points

-I'm not a Trend Micro representative, but I like to give you some suggestion-

Try followiing:
1- on the downloaded file right click and go in Properties. In 'General' tab check if Blocked is enabled. In this case click Unblock and Apply.
2- Execute the file by right click and select 'run as administrator'. 

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Virus update starts but never finishes..

The display says installing update, then stops.  While installing, it says "last update 27 May".  After that update, I was told to restart.  When this update stops, the icon disappears from the bottom tool-bar and nothing else happens.  Operating system is Windows 10.

2 Messages

• 

140 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled why am I repeatly getting a request that a restart is required..

repeated requests that a restart is required to finish installing the latest program update 

2 Messages

• 

170 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why does your anti-virus turn itself off?.

Why does your anti-virus turn itself off? I have been a customer for many years, noticing an odd problem when starting up my desktop: Windows flags an alert that the anti-virus (yours) is turned off. This is occurring with more frequency during the past year. Can anyone tell me why?

2 Messages

• 

140 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Trend Micro Keeps Turning Off While I'm Using the Computer.

My Trend Micro keeps turning off while I'm using the computer (PC with Windows 8). It has nothing to do with startup or shutdown. I just randomly notice messages telling me that it's off and asking if I want to start it.  I start it and then later I get the same thing.  

3 Messages

• 

150 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why are there so many updates that require "RESTART" lately.

2 Messages

• 

150 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I cannot get MicroTrend to update. It keeps saying I am not connected to the inte....

Toshiba Satellite P875-S7310
Trend Micro version 12.0

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I keep getting a message that a computer restart is required to install the lates....

I keep getting a message that a computer restart is required to install the latest program update. When I do the restart the message keeps reappearing.

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Update Nonsence!!!.

my computer has been trying to update for over an hour saying must connect to the internet. I have a dedicated full time internet. Everything else works except Trend!!!

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Please connect to internet to maintain protection.

I'm getting this message on my Trend Micro icon, "Please connect to internet to maintain protection." I am connected, but everytime Trend tries to install an update, the message comes back. What's up?

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled it keeps saying to connect to internet but i am says to update but wont my intern....

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Trend MMS keeps switching off.

Since an update on 30/5/2018, Trend MMS 2017 keeps switching off and computer gives warning. On restarting Trend, message installing update received and for a while Protected icon appears.After a time Trend switches itself off and repeats cycle.Why??

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Trend Micro Update failed.

My Trend Micro Software on this 64 bit Windows 10 computer keeps trying to do an update, and informing me I need to do a restart to finish the update. However, when I do a restart, It does not complete the installation, and tells me I need to do another restart. I have restarted the computer several times no, and the update is not completing. What do I need to do now?

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights