Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

Thursday, May 18th, 2023 5:59 AM

Closed

Resolved

"Webpage Blocked, hxxxs://legacy-myemail.cox.net/appsuite" Message when trying to Sign In.

Why is this happening?

This happens when you attempt to sign into the Cox website (hxxxs://legacy-myemail.cox.net/appsuite), and the website will be blocked by Trend Micro Security for Windows. This prevents users from accessing the website and resulting in the inability to use the services provided by Cox.

The specific reason for the block is not clear, but it is suspected that Trend Micro is flagging the website as potentially harmful or as containing malicious content. 

"Web Page Blocked" hxxs://legacy-myemail.com.net/appsuite/ 

When accessing Cox from hxxs://www.cox.com/content/dam/cox/okta/mail.html, after entering credentials, the page will redirect to hxxs://legacy-myemail.cox.net/ajax/login?action=samlLogin&token=c964ac8fe4d9466a9307717a6720c041-dbae38a3863e481c9d23c357d21306cb

• No blocking message from TM inside the browser only showing "Forbidden"

• accessing the link on our end results in the same "Forbidden" message.

Workaround

Use the mobile version of the website as a temporary workaround. This will allow you to continue using Cox's services without interruption.

Have you run into this problem?

Join the discussion!

Sign in or create an account.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

350 Points

1 year ago

Thanks for sharing the info, Kree!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

1 year ago

Hello Trend Micro Home Users,

The website has now been reclassified and should be accessible.

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

180 Points

@tm_chris​ Maybe you have reclassified it, but I still can't access my Cox Webmail account.  This is very frustrating. When will your reclassification start working?

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

180 Points

1 year ago

What is the anticipated correction date for this problem?  It is very difficult living without my Cox email.  I will change anti-virus programs if Trend Micro can't solve this problem. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

51 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

1 year ago

Hi @alanjenglish2,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. Our backend team is currently addressing the issue. At the moment, we are investigating other URLs related to the Cox website, as they are being blocked by Trend Micro. We will provide you with an update at the earliest opportunity.

Regards, 

-tm_macky

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

180 Points

@tm_macky​ I appreciate your apology.  Any idea when I might expect to be able to access my email.  A couple more days have passed. I worry that I might be missing some bills that I have to pay?  I have been locked out since Mother's Day. I'm trying the workaround but it is not the same.  

(edited)

This reply has been converted into a post

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

1 year ago

I too am having this problem and it is VERY frustrating.  I first received the Webpage blocked with the option to continue anyway - but for over a week, all I get is the Forbidden message.  I tried working with customer service at COX, but they were not able to help.  So now I read it is a Trend Micro problem.  My annual subscription is due to be renewed tomorrow - but this is just not acceptable.  Please respond and let me know when this will be fixed.  Thank you.  

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

Hi @jwinslow720 

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenienced that this has caused you. Currently, this is still under investigation by our designated team. We will once update on this thread if the issue has been resolved completely.

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

180 Points

Thank you.  Tonight I was happily surprised and retrieved my emails.  Looks like the problem is solved.  

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

@alanjenglish2​ 

The issue has now been addressed. Thank you for letting us know that your Cox email is accessible.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

51 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

1 year ago

Hi @alanjenglish2  & @jwinslow720

Thank you for your understanding and patience throughout this process.

After investigating the issue, we have identified a conflict between the one-time sign-in URL provided by Cox and Trend Micro. To ensure website safety assessment, Trend Micro  downloads the URL and check its content. However, due to its one-time nature, the URL access was causing complications.

We have taken some measures to improve our approach in handling one-time URLs and have successfully resolved the issue on the backend. As a result, the problem should now be completely resolved.

Thank you, hope this helps!

Best regards,

@tm_macky 

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

350 Points

@tm_macky​ thanks for keeping us informed! I appreciate it.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

766 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

@noodle_soup​, you're welcome! Let us know if you need any help.

- TM_Kath

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights