Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

Sunday, October 22nd, 2023 8:53 PM

Closed

"Last update check 10/22/2023 4:59PM"

If I click on "Check for Program Updates" TM is doing something and after that displays "Last update check 10/22/2023 4:59PM"

What's the point of such a message?   I triggered the update and certainly I now what is the date and time when I clicked on the option.

Thanks!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

128 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

9 months ago

Hi @claudiubotezatu

The result of "Check for Program Updates" only displays the time and date because it is designed to show the last time the program checked for updates. It does not provide information about whether updates are available or if any updates were installed.

To see the list of modules that are updated on each release, you may go to the "About Your Software and click the "Components versions" next to the Trend Micro version that you currently have. 

I hope this helps.

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@tm_joyce​ 

I understand that.

My question was, if I triggered a "check for update" , what is the point to display "checked for update  at this date and time" ????

I do know when I pressed the button.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

Hi @claudiubotezatu,

Thank you for your feedback. This feature helps us keep our customers informed about the timing and date of updates. While we recognize that this feature may not be essential for you, it caters to the needs of a diverse range of customers

Thank you!

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@tm_vince​ 

"it caters to the needs of a diverse range of customers"

Assuming that "the customers" do not know when they press the button "check for updates" and they need TM to tell them the current time and day is diminishing.....

Hustler

• 

119 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

It will also change the time and date when an auto-update is performed, you can open those windows without doing an update, it will just display when the last one was done.

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@davevt31​ 

it will just display when the last one was done

No, will automatically check (and perform, if available) an update and will inform you "Checked for update at this time and date" which is , at least, hilarious.

I, the user, triggered the action, so I know the date and time.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights