Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Saturday, December 16th, 2023 2:37 PM

Closed

VPN causing internet to drop from iPad

Since the latest couple of iOS updates (17.2), the VPN and internet connection are constantly flipping off and I am losing my connection.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

7 months ago

Hi @prprerost,

Thank you for your time posting your feedback on our application. Please answer some questions needed for this issue.

We would like to know the specific name of the application that you have with us. Is it the Mobile Security or the VPN Proxy One Pro? 

Where do you experience the issue, is it when using mobile data, Wi-Fi, or both? 

Also, please check some other factors that can cause this issue such as Low Power Mode being enabled on the iOS Devices and having a different VPN enabled.

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

7 months ago

I am having similar issues. Contacted Apple and the asked me to disconnect the VPN. This happens on both mobile data and Wi-Fi. I am using

Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security

it to as stable since I disconnected Private VPN. I connected it again after a month and same issues. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @software,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

Please make sure your Mobile Security is updated to the latest version which is 1.2 .1024. Below is the guide on how to check if Trend Micro is in its latest version on iOS.

How to check if Trend Micro is in its latest version on iOS | Trend Micro Help Center

Let us know if this helps. 

Thank you.

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

It was the latest version. I was forced to delete the app from my phone as it kept activating the VPN and dropping out my internet connection

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

I have just reinstalled my Trend Micro, but reluctant to set up VPN again till this issue is resolved. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Hi @software,

We've contacted you via email to further investigate your concern about internet connections when Web Guard is enabled. Kindly reply at your earliest convenience.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights