Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Sunday, May 13th, 2018 2:00 PM

Closed

TrendMicro keeps unchecking 'remember my password' on Firefox - why?

On firefox, I keep the 'remember password' checked; now everytime I go into the browser, it's unchecked and this has only happened since using TrendMicrro.  I haven't activated password manager so I don't know why this is happening.  It's very annonying

Superstar

• 

498 Messages

• 

9.5K Points

6 years ago

Welcome to the Community, sumitahodgson!

Can you confirm if this is with regards to "Forms & Passwords" option with a checkbox for Remember logins and passwords for websites on Firefox?

Please check that by clicking on Open Menu > Options > Privacy and Security.

Sending a screenshot can also help us understand. Thank you!

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

6 years ago

Yes it is in regard to 'Forms & Passwords', in my Privacy & Security section.  I was getting so frustrated, I've switched off TrendMicro Privacy Scanner...obviously that isn't ideal. Thank you

Superstar

• 

498 Messages

• 

9.5K Points

6 years ago

Thank you for confirming, sumitahodgson.

Unchecking this setting is one way for the Trend Micro program to help you protect your passwords since passwords stored on your browsers does not encrypt it the way the Trend Micro Password Manager program does.

You can keep the setting Remember logins and passwords for websites checked on Firefox if it's what you prefer.

Sorry for the trouble and thank you again! :)

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

6 years ago

That's the point, I do keep 'Remember logins and passwords for websites' checked but since I've installed Trend Micro it keeps getting unchecked, so can only assume that this is something to do with Trend Micro. 

This is getting very frustrating, and I want to find out how I can prevent Trend Micro from constantly unchecking this.  I've already switched off the privacy scanner and I'm at my wits end.  What do I need to do to stop Trend Micro doing this?

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

33.4K Points

6 years ago

Hi sumitahodgson

Welcome to TM Home users Community, a public site where volunteers try to help each-other , also there are TM Employees that can give answers, that is only at working hours. I am just a volunteer!
Uninstall Password Manager, if you don't want to use it and keep de Manager in Firefox and Chrome,After that put it on in Firefox and than you are ready!
Kind regards,Tom
Brand User

Prodigy

• 

260 Messages

• 

5.3K Points

6 years ago

Hi @sumitahodgson,

You may follow @Tom's suggestion on uninstalling the Password Manager. Just know that saving your passwords on your browsers makes your personal information vulnerable from hackers.

Let us know how this goes. Have a great day! :)

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights