Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Friday, August 25th, 2023 5:38 AM

Closed

Software is unusable

I had a long thought out statement about how the password manager has become unusable. After trying to post this, and being asked to log in, this was deleted. I will not type out the same statement/problem again and will only give a tl;dr/

TL;DR The password manager is bad and the developers should feel bad that their management made them make it that way.  There's free and open-source password managers out there which are better.  I will not continue paying for trash.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

160 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

11 months ago

Hi @tedyj,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

Your feedback is incredibly important to us and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you.We are truly sorry that we fell short of your expectations. 

To better assist you, could you please provide us with more details about the specific issue that you've encountered? This will help us to investigate the matter thoroughly and provide a more accurate solution. If possible, screenshots or steps to replicate the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We value your feedback and look forward to the opportunity to make things right.

Hoping to hear from you.

Superstar

• 

207 Messages

• 

6.4K Points

@tm_klariz​ trend micro password manager needs huge improvement in regards to autofill feature as it simply not work for most of the time. Also need edit options for editing notes and save option for saving the changes to notes. I also felt that its a huge dissapointment from the user's perspective.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

Hi @Anime_007,

May we ask what specific page did you encounter the issue with auto fill? Some pages has different logins which hinders the autofill feature to work properly.

I would also like to inform you that notes can be edited on password manager, Please see How to manage passwords in Trend Micro Password Manager​ 

Hope this helps!

Superstar

• 

207 Messages

• 

6.4K Points

@tm_carlo​ the autofill feature does not work all the time for the most common pages like even for accounts.google.com . It really needs a big improvement on the developers part. As other Password managers work flawless in that department. Also I know that it has edit feature for secure notes. I just dont like that it can edit notes without asking a user that whether he want to save that part or not. Even if a user mistyped in the notes it gets saved automatically which is not ideal. Raised this issue several times but I guess your answer would be that future changes to products depends on the developers and may not be provided if it is not approved by the management teams. But edit option along with save option would be a significant feature to have.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

160 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

@Anime_007​,

Have you checked on Password Manager settings if "Always sign into websites without asking" is enabled?

To check on this setting, you may follow the steps below.

1. Open your web browser.
  2. Click the Password Manager icon on your browser.
  3. Go to the Password Manager Menu , then choose Settings.
  4. Click the Other tab.
  5. Put a check beside Always sign into websites without asking

Please note that some websites implement their own security measures that prevent apps like Password Managers to function properly.

Moreover, we appreciate your feedback and suggestions. For specific feature requests, we're considering different factors like feasibility, alignment with the product's goals and potential impact on users before we implement any changes on the product. We'll make sure to consider your request for the upcoming product updates.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

(edited)

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights