Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

142 Points

Saturday, February 15th, 2020 2:02 AM

Closed

Password Manager has stopped after moving to Edge version

Tried to use PM with Edge but no luck so I uninstalled PM. Tried to reinstall it. It wouldn't reinstall saying it was still installed yet Settings>Apps & features did not show it. Went into Edge, TM ikon>Password Manager, yes it was till there and on. Logged in and all my passwords were there.

So everything looks good but whenever I open a site requiring a login, PM does nothing. Why?

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

361 Messages

• 

5.4K Points

4 years ago

Hi, btrlin!

May I know what website are you trying to access? Have you tried to use a different browser to login to the same website?

You may visit our page for more info on How to use Password Manager for Microsoft Edge

Also, you have received the said error message since your subscription is already activated. 

Hope this helps.

~Cha

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

142 Points

@tm_cha My Password Manager doesn't work on any website not even this one. It's the same with either Edge or IE.

When I log into the Password Manager portal, then go to setting>Subscription Information, I shows my subscription paid up to 2022-01-17 but the activation code area is blank. When I enter the activation code, I get this message: "This Activation Code has already been used. Please contact Trend Micro for help."

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

4 years ago

Hi btrlin,

On the Subscription Information page if it's already indicated that your license is due to expire on 2022-01-17 then that means it all active. The fields are present so you can activate a new code if in case you had purchased one and want to add it to your existing cover. It doesn't necessarily mean that your subscription expired or isn't recognized, so no need to reactivate the same code since you're already using it as of the moment.

Can you try to access your Trend Micro account and check if the Password Manager is working when logging in?

If it's still not automatically signing in try to restart Password Manager by following the steps below:

1. Go to Start > All Apps > Trend Micro Password Manager.
  2. Click Trend Micro Password Manager Diagnostic Toolkit.
  3. Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
  4. Click Stop Components.
  5. After ten seconds, click Start Components.

- Reine

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights