rphendrix's profile

2 Messages

• 

150 Points

Thursday, January 4th, 2018 8:34 PM

Closed

Password Manager Continuous Login Prompting

Problem with Trend Micro Password Manager.
Computer: Toshiba Satellite L675 Laptop
Processor: Core I3 M350 @ 2.27GHz
Ram: 4.0 GB
System Type: 64 bit OS, x64 based processor
Internet Explorer 11
Version 11.125.16299.0
Update version 11.0.49 (KB4052978)
I access a web site that requires a password. Password manager prompts me for my master password. I provide the master password, then I'm prompted to choose the account to sign in with. I select the account, then click "Sign In". Password Manager signs me into the site, and I choose an option from the web site's menus. Each time I display a new page from the web site, the Password Manager "Choose the account" popup displays again. I click the "X" to close the popup, but each new page gets a fresh copy of the "Choose the account" popup. The popup overlays part of the web page, and I have to keep closing it to view the entire page. I am getting very frustrated with this process. I have the same problem with Google Chrome.

Prodigy

• 

167 Messages

• 

3.8K Points

7 years ago

Hello rphendrix and welcome to the community.

I understand your frustration. When you receive the pop up message do you get an option "Do not show this...."? If so please try to click on it and check if you will still get the pop up that lets you choose the account. This may happen because the Password Manager doesn't know if it will still use the same account on the next window or tab. You do not have to worry we can get the pop up message back.

We will wait for your reply.

Thank you and have a great day!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

2 Messages

• 

150 Points

7 years ago

Hi, Justine.
The popup from password manager does not have any option to select. The only items that are clickable in the popup are the "X" to close the popup and the "Sign In" bar that is displayed. I thought that I might have multiple entries for the web site, but used Password Manager Master Console to search the entire password list. The list only contained one entry for the site that I am logged into.

I'm getting very frustrated by this behavior.
Roy

Superstar

• 

376 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

Hello rphendrix and we apologize for getting back late,

Can you provide us the URL of the website wherein you are encountering the issue?

We will check the pattern of the website so we can provide the exact answer to you.

Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience. 

We will wait for your reply.

Thank you and have a great day!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights