Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Thursday, November 30th, 2023 12:16 AM

Closed

lost vault in update

When the most recent update, my husband's vault has disappeared from his desktop along with his files. I have tried several ways to search for the vault and cannot locate it. He has a folder on his desktop "Unprotected Files 2023" but he says that not all of his vault files are there. What else can we do?

(I clicked Password Manager because "Vault" wasn't an option)

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

8 months ago

Same thing for me. All of my files are in the Unprotected Folder though. Would like the locked vault back to secure the files.

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

8 months ago

I have the same problem.  I reported it yesterday and I am waiting for a reply.  The automatic message to my request says it will take 24 to 48 hrs for someone to get back to me.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

92 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

8 months ago

Hi @frohockt ,@nedmcmahon ,@jhr1x 

The Trend Micro Vault feature has been removed upon the release of version 17.8

Files inside the vault will automatically be unlocked and moved to a folder named as "Unprotected Files".

You can read more about it through here: Trend Micro Vault Ends Support: What You Need to Know | Trend Micro Help Center

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

Why would this be done?!!!  I used that feature all of the time!!!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

160 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

@solis_pablosr​,

As the landscape of technology advances, the requirements of our users also evolve. Our dedication to delivering top-notch security solutions remains unwavering. According to our data, a growing number of customers are opting for alternative methods to protect their data across diverse devices. As a result, we have decided to discontinue this particular feature.

We appreciate your understanding regarding this concern.

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

What about the customers who use the vault??  It is part of the package we paid for.

(edited)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

83 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Hi @debbiezimmer ,

We understand that you are concerned about the recent changes regarding the Trend Micro Vault which is now no longer included on the latest version.

As mentioned from the previous reply, growing number of users are no longer using the Trend Micro Vault and are opting to alternative solutions. This results to discontinuing the feature. 

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

8 months ago

Same problem here. All files are now unprotected since update.  Not happy

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

Hi @debbiezimmer ,

We understand that your priority is to protect your files. You may still opt-in to use another feature of Trend Micro which is the Folder Shield.
Safeguard Your Files with Trend Micro Folder Shield on Windows | Trend Micro Help Center

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

I uninstalled Trend Micro and use windows defender now, with a subscription, you get 1tb in One Drive vault.  Not really a fan of Microsoft but it's not a bad deal.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Hi @@randy71203,

We acknowledge your choice and regret that the recent update didn't meet your expectations. Feel free to share any additional feedback or specific suggestions for future improvements. Your input is important to us!

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

7 months ago

"Your input is important to us!"

No, it is not.

None of my suggestions ,during years , have been implemented.

Is like talking to a wall.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

@claudiubotezatu,

Suggestions on improvement or additional features are collected and submitted and then checked if they can be implemented. Implementation might depend on some factors like overall need and usage.

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

7 months ago

Never heard back about any "suggestion" I made. Now I have to fend for myself tweeking various registry and files in order to achieve something which is common to most of the antiviruses.....

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

128 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

Hi @claudiubotezatu​,

We do acknowledge your suggestions and ideas. We have gathered, submitted, and assessed them for feasibility. However, the implementation depends on factors such as their overall necessity and potential usage.

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

120 Points

6 months ago

I don't recall any forewarning from Trendmicro about discontinuing the Vault protection (perhaps the most important feature of TM).  The message given that users are now using other means is so lame, and what are those other means, what is now recommended?  All I can see suggested is to switch to Defender.  It feels to me like TM is hiding the real reason here, otherwise TM has shot itself in the foot with this appalling miscommunication and service letdown.  Key product info should not have to be sourced from community chats!

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

120 Points

6 months ago

Same here ... totally unacceptable.  This product has gone from hero to zero in my book.  I am very keen to hear of alternative products that allow password-protected secure folders that give the protection I had thought a TM subscription was providing.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

Hi @liathach ,

We understand that you are concerned about the recent changes regarding the Trend Micro Vault which is now no longer included on the latest version.

As mentioned from the previous reply, growing number of users are no longer using the Trend Micro Vault and are opting to alternative solutions. This results to discontinuing the feature. 

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

Where do I find the files that were saved in my vault?

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

5 months ago

Where do I find the files that were saved in my vault?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

Hi @stevdoo​, 

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

The files in the Vault will be automatically unlocked and transferred to a folder named "Unprotected Files" on your Desktop. However, if you prefer to store them in a different location, simply follow these steps:

1. Create a new folder on your Desktop. Right-click your mouse, select New > Folder, and provide a name for your folder.
  2. Double-click the Trend Micro Vault shortcut icon on your Desktop to open the application.
  3. Right-click and choose Copy to select the files within the Trend Micro Vault.
  4. Navigate to the folder you created on your Desktop and paste the copied files from the Trend Micro Vault.

Hope this helps!

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

190 Points

Hello tm_prima,

A friend contacted me, because all the files in the Folder called "Unprotected Files" are encrypted and not possible to read. Is there a solution to decrypt the files?
Thanks and regards

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

83 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Hi @ncglaniasi ,

Can you verify the file location of the "Unprotected Files"?

The folder "Unprotected Files" that was created after updating the Trend Micro application on your PC to the latest version 17.8 should not be encrypted.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights