Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

140 Points

Thursday, January 4th, 2018 4:06 AM

Closed

Is full version of password manager included in Maximum Security package?

I recently installed Maximum Security on my laptop using one of the available licenses in our package that my husband purchased before. He has never used the password manager, but thought it was included in the package.

I installed the virus protection software fine, but it appears that I only have the "free" version of the password manager -- FIVE passwords, which is virtually worthless.

I'm trying to move away from another virus protection software, which I used for years -- and that software included a full password manager.

I tried to input the license key for the virus software with the password manager, but it said it was not valid. I still can only access FIVE passwords, which is ridiculous. Who in the world needs a password manager for only FIVE passwords?
Brand User

Legend

• 

703 Messages

• 

11.4K Points

7 years ago

Hello s_kalleberg and welcome to the Community!

Thank you for letting us know about this question that you have in mind and apologies for the inconvenience.

We checked the email address that you submitted here in the Community. And we found out that you activated a trial version of Trend Micro Password Manager instead of using the bundled version.

It is also very helpful that you mentioned about your husband's paid Trend Micro Maximum Security subscription and that it is the subscription that you used on your computer. Most likely, the subscription that you are using on your computer is registered under your husband's email address. Therefore, you will need to sign in with the same email address that was used to activate the Trend Micro Maximum Security subscription on your computer so you can use the bundled version of Trend Micro Password Manager.

I hope this answers your question. Should you have any other concern, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Enjoy the rest of the week!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

140 Points

7 years ago

If I've already activated it under my e-mail, do I have to switch the e-mail in the virus protection first? How do I do that?

Prodigy

• 

167 Messages

• 

3.8K Points

7 years ago

Hello s_kalleberg,

Thank you for the prompt response. Since the Trend Micro Maximum Security program subscription is under your husband you may want to consider using his email address to use the bundled Password Manager program since the bundle will follow the email address of the person who first activated the program. In this case your husband, then check if you can add more than 5 websites that you have an account with. If you are able to add more than 5 websites while using your husbands email address, it means that you are using the bundled Password Manager program.

Another option is to change the email address on the Trend Micro Maximum Security program which you can do by following this link

Managing your Trend Micro Account (MyAccount)

I hope this helps and clarifies your concern. We will wait for your response if everything is sorted out.

Thank you and have a great day!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

33.4K Points

Hi s_kalleberg,

If you want to use Password Manager on 2 computers with your own passwords, than you must take a second Password Manager that got his own email address and his own passwords!

Kind regards,
Tom

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights