Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Monday, October 3rd, 2022 5:20 AM

Closed

How does Password manager work

Can someone advise exactly how Password Manager is meant to work. I have installed it a number of times but it doesn't seem to work. When I attempt to login to some web sites, e.g. Amazon, I get a message saying IE is no longer supported and to change my default browser which is already set to Edge. At other times I log into a site and the box asking if I want to save the passord doesn't get generated. All-in-all it's very frustrating and not worth the effort.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

2 years ago

Hi @vickipal!

Thank you for raising this in our community. We will replicate your concern on our end. I will give you an update within the next 24-48 hours.

This might be helpful How to manage passwords in Trend Micro Password Manager

Hotshot

• 

32 Messages

• 

880 Points

It's just a Tool for keeping ALL your Password in one place, then just having a single Password, of your choice, to open the 'Password Manager' to access ALL your stored website Passwords. The bonus is all your Passwords are stored securely 'in-cloud' so you can access them anywhere in the world you might be. Great eh... 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

Hi @telboy911!

That's the best way to explain it! Thanks helping! 

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

2 years ago

The main function of the password management software is to generate complex passwords and store passwords securely. The master key is the password of the password management software, which can be used to access all passwords stored in the software.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

Thanks, for helping out @Andersen! Great explanation.​ 

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights