J

3 Messages

• 

40 Points

Friday, September 4th, 2020 3:22 PM

Closed

Full Featured Password Manager for New Chromium Microsoft Edge Browser. Where is it?

After a year, we still do not have a full featured Password Manager product... this sucks!

Now, Microsoft is pushing new chromium Edge browser as part of regular Windows update... so, the old Edge is gone along with the major features of Password Manager.

Trend Micro development team what gives? Consider re-evaluating what users consider value-add. Change priorities to get this out to market.... make these previous features available to model the existing set of features contained in the previous Edge. Oh, and, please do not tell me about using the Password Portal instead! I already know this... again, looking to get the same set of features I had under the old Edge version.

A tenant of software development is not to remove existing features or functions from the software. After a year, the development guide for the new chromium Edge extensions, and, now, the forced adoption of chromium Edge by Microsoft, this is the net effect to end users. To be frank, I am getting ready to move over to similar software by another vendor. My loyalty to TM is pretty much gone now.

Can we get a straight answer on a release date (which is not vague)?

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

361 Messages

• 

5.4K Points

4 years ago

Hi, joa!

We're sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you. Can you provide the following details so we can further check on this?

- Microsoft Edge version

- OS version of your computer

- What features are you unable to use in the new browser?

Password Manager is supported on both browsers but you can also install the program directly to your computer and not as a browser extension. You may refer to the instructions here: How to install Password Manager

Hope this helps. Feel free to reach out if you have further inquiries.

~TM_Cha

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights