Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

180 Points

Friday, May 18th, 2018 9:15 AM

Closed

for past week my password protector has not worked

for past week my password protector has not worked, I have looked at the problem page but it still does not work.
Brand User

185 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

6 years ago

Hello GARY-HIPKISS and welcome to the community!

Can you please provide us more details on how the Trend Micro Password Manager not working so that we'll know what's the best thing to do.
Situation like, it does not sign you in automatically or does not ask you to save password for a certain website. 

Will be waiting for your response. Thank you!

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

180 Points

6 years ago

C:\Users\pc\AppData\Local\Temp\is-OLR8H.tmp\tower_installer.tmp  is part of the download you give to re-install the password manager. The techy guy who came from my work today got it working. It seems your antivirus blocks your own files???  anyway he got it working by unblocking the download so it is up and working again

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

260 Messages

• 

5.3K Points

6 years ago

Hi GARY-HIPKISS,

Thank you for this update. We are glad to know that everything's working again.
Let us know if you have further concerns.

Have a happy weekend! :)

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

180 Points

6 years ago

no problem. hope it helps others with same problem

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

260 Messages

• 

5.3K Points

6 years ago

Thank you for sharing this, Gary! This will indeed be very helpful. :)

14 Messages

• 

276 Points

Downloads, right click - Properties, Security - the security issue above doesn't show on mine (yours might as it states it is sent from another computer rather than download?).  If I try to install, it won't install, the message shows I already have it installed,  If I uninstall PW Mgr, won't it delete all of my Passwords on my PC? (although they are on my mobile - is there any way to back them up and transfer them) - There doesn't seem to be an obvious integration or option to backup and retrieve from backup, or sign into Trend and install from there!

Superstar

• 

498 Messages

• 

9.5K Points

Your saved passwords won't be deleted even if you uninstall the Password Manager since it's account-based. Once your Master Password is reset only then your saved passwords will be lost.

Here's how you can do password backups on Password Manager.

Regards,

14 Messages

• 

276 Points

Thanks very much Malik, that is good to know.  I will uninstall my PW Mgr and reinstall, perhaps that will resolve the issue and then once I get PW Mgr back, I will back it up (as currently the dialogue box just opens with the Trend Square and rotating circle inside - I can't get to any options within PW Mgr)

Superstar

• 

498 Messages

• 

9.5K Points

You're so much welcome, Birdy. Please let us know the results so that we can provide further troubleshooting steps. If you encounter error messages, you can send it here as well.

Thank you!

14 Messages

• 

276 Points

Thanks Malik, no it didn't work - uninstall add-in and Installer from progs, restart, reinstall installer from site, reinstall add-in from site - restart, open browser - still the same problem - I was hopeful but this is making me think to stop using the PW Manager now and go back to manual.

14 Messages

• 

276 Points

6 years ago

Thank you Gary - I have spent days on this.  TREND MICRO - please can you advise how to unblock the download - does the block sit within the file itself or can you provide a clean download that doesn't block itself? This is SO frustrating, I can't believe that the status of this is 4 weeks and still "In Progress".  (I'm on Firefox 6)  Thank you!

485 Messages

• 

10.6K Points

for escalation as per TM_Phebs

Please reference the new conversation here: Unblock Downloads

Superstar

• 

498 Messages

• 

9.5K Points

6 years ago

Hi, Birdy. I just checked that the Trend Micro program does not block our installer for the Password Manager program. It's possible that Windows itself has blocked access to the file (refer on the image).

Hi GARY-HIPKISS, kindly confirm.

Thank you!

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

180 Points

6 years ago

I am no tech guy but know it was a trend part of anti virus didn't like the download, so it was allowed to run and it worked. Unblocking it to work was only way to get it to work properly

Brand User

Legend

• 

703 Messages

• 

11.4K Points

6 years ago

We'll close this thread now. You may create a new topic here: https://en.community.trendmicro.com/tm_en/topics/new

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights