• 

7 Messages

• 

230 Points

Wednesday, February 17th, 2021 1:29 AM

Closed

Resolved

Extensions not behaving in Firefox

I have current build of Windows 10,Firefox 85, Trend Micro Maximum Security. Password Manager & PayGuard would not launch. I deleted Firefox and Trend Micro and started again. My Firefox profile may have been corrupted so I deleted that. With a new install, Trend Micro works and the Toolbar loads and is visible. Password Manager keeps reminding me to add the extension but installing does nothing. Firefox says it has the extension but the icon is missing and it continues to ask me to install it. PayGuard does not launch normally and password manager does not work in protected window. Firefox is the default browser but Trend Micro seems to function in Chrome and Edge.

Does Trend Micro have a fix for Firefox?

Brand User

Hustler

• 

98 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

3 years ago

Hi, sladen_hope

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community! 

To enable your Password Manager in Firefox properly, kindly try to access this link:
How to enable Password Manager Extension

Then, if you encounter an error message " Unable to help with your passwords", you may try to access the link below to resolve the issue. 
Unable to help with your passwords

If the issue persists, or if you have clarifications and other concerns, feel free to contact us again. 

Thank you!
-TM_JD 

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

230 Points

@jan_dale_fortatiz 

Thanks. I have tried all the above without success. Firefox keeps asking me to install each time I open but the extension manager shows that Password Manager is active and there is no icon in the Top Right bar. After enabling the Password Manager extension via the link nothing changes.

I have tried all the "Unable to help... items and since then I have completely removed Firefox from my machine including data and profile, completely removed Trend Micro and re installed Firefox and Trend Micro. Currently Firefox says the Password Manager extension is active but no pop up and no icon. Also Pay Guard does not seem to work at all in Firefox any more.

Brand User

Hustler

• 

98 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

Hi, sladen_hope

Thank you for the updates. Kindly try to click the puzzle piece on the upper right corner of Firefox. Then choose the password manager and click the pin button. Check if the password manager icon will appear on the toolbar.

Contact us again for updates.

Thank you! 
-TM_JD 

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

230 Points

All extensions are enabled. I toggle the button for say Greasemonkey and the icon toggles Off then On. I toggle the button for Trend Micro Toolbar and Password Manager and the Icons remain OFF. (Never On)

Another thing I noticed: When I have a protected window open, (launched by Pay Guard via Edge, my non default browser) the icons toggle but prior to that the Password Manager Icon said "this extension has been deleted"!!

This issue is using up a lot of time and is very frustrating. I tried clearing Foxtel and Trend Micro from my PC and expected that to be the fix but no. Maybe I did things in the wrong order or left something in the registry but it shouldn't be this hard!

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

3 years ago

Hi sladen_hope,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. For this case would you like if we can have a member of support contact you for remote assistance in setting up Password Manager? if you agree with this, we would like to get your available time to set this callback appointment. 

- Phone Number:

- Preferred Call Back Time within the next 24 hours:

- Time Zone:

Note: This post is set to private so rest assured your personal information is secured. 

- TM_Reine

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

230 Points

3 years ago

Password Manager is now working fine after a clean install of Firefox and Trend Micro - SO LONG AS I NEVER LAUNCH PAY GUARD! Password manager does not seem to work in private windows since recent updates to Firefox.

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

3 years ago

Thank you for confirming that it's working on your end sladen_hope. Under private mode in Firefox can you also check if the root certificate is added for Password Manager? 

Please only follow step 1 from this guide: Unable to help with your passwords

- TM_Reine

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

230 Points

3 years ago

Thanks. Did that. Firefox reports - Certificate already installed

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

766 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Thank you for letting us know, sladen_hope!

Just let us know if you need further help.

- TM_Kath

- TM_Kath

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights