Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Monday, December 11th, 2023 11:02 PM

Closed

Wi-Fi vpn disconnects to lte

iPhone X keeps switching from vpn to lte constantly and never had problems before 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

128 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

8 months ago

Hi @icemanzr2, 

I'm sorry to hear this. 

May we know if you have encountered this issue when the Web Guard is enabled on your Trend Micro Mobile Security? If yes, we would like to get the following information:

1. iOS Version:

2. Trend Micro Mobile Security Version:

3. If you have another VPN app: 

Thanks. 

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

I am having the same issue. It seems to have started with the iOS version update. My iOS is 17.1.2, my Trend Micro version is 11.2.1022.  I have open vpn and WireGuard but neither are connected. What are the recommendations?

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

170 Points

@tm_joyce​ 

nervt und nervt hört auf mit solche blödsin

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

Hi @icemanzr2 and @plumbguy1970,

A new update has been released for Trend Micro Mobile Security iOS to fix this issue. Kindly update your Mobile Security to the latest version.

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

8 months ago

Same issue for me also. It seems worse on the current iOS update.  Big lag in both WiFi and cellular signals

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

Hi @Rubicon_Guy,

A new update has been released for Trend Micro Mobile Security iOS to fix this issue. Kindly update your Mobile Security to the latest version.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

92 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

7 months ago

Hi @Rubicon_Guy , @plumbguy1970 

It appears that because of the recent iOS update, the incompatibility between VPN protocols that we're able to fix last time had returned.

Although we are still investigating, rest assured that we are doing our best to fix the issue ASAP.

We already have multiple cases running under beta versions so we can identify the real cause of the problem faster.

An application update will be released to fix this issue as soon as beta stage finishes.

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

7 months ago

I just installed the anti virus today and having the issue with the VPN taking out wifi on my iphone 15 17.2 update . very annoying . is there a fix to stop this 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

Hi @pav2900

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

170 Points

7 months ago

Nervt seit update wlan 💁‍♂️😞

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

80 Points

7 months ago

Same issue but with iPhone 13 Pro Max. When will this be repaired? Extremely annoying 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Hi @chrisweeks23,

We're aware of the issue and are currently investigating it on our end. We highly appreciate your patience as we work to address and resolve this matter. If you have any additional details or concerns to share, feel free to do so. Thank you for your understanding!

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

The “fix” can’t happen soon enough as it is causing WiFi to cycle on and off at least 2-6 times per minute. (iPad with iOS 17.2). I am having to use cellular connectivity to even use my iPad.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

@prprerost,

Does disconnecting the Web Guard made some improvements on your Wi-Fi Connection?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

@chrisweeks23 and @prprerost,

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights